Purple Haze/Sweet Sour Journal 2021

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by dobro49, Mar 22, 2021.

1. 6426E652-A98E-4F48-AA24-38E7041CFEC0.jpeg 10F7FDE0-49D2-4D47-B274-52AC90BBEACE.jpeg I just put 2 PH/SS seeds in these hillbilly hydro systems (SIPs) so I could move them in/out/around for the best light for a while until the frost chance passes. The med is a gardeners supply Organic container mix that I’ve run before with good results. I’ve got some Dr Earth organic fertilizer and lime to add if needed and maybe should have limed these earlier?

These are Reg autos I guess so a chance Of the dreaded male but I didn’t want the trouble of more than 2 with so much moving involved.

I hope we are off to a great garden season.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Started em on my 420 smoke break in the garden, feels good to be back out there 8n warmer weather.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Lime is usually when mixing your own soil as raw Peat is low PH.
    Bagged soils should already be balanced.
    If your hose water is low PH add lime to the soil mix.
    If your hose water is high PH add Sulfur to your soil mix.

Put that male to use if you get one. Pollenate a few lower bud sites for 50 seeds. Keeps me in fresh seeds for nada.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Going into used car lingo here but this soil has been only slightly driven as there were short, late planted males in these pots that I chopped but I added a top layer of new mix in today. It has stuff in it, the lime was just a high thought.

I’ll likely cut some black plastic to put on top and add warmth to the soil for a while too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Current seedlings are in 3x used FFOF and lagging. I was rushed out the door with no time to hit the grow shop so I dumped out an out of use pot soil and fired my beans in it.

The more it's used the smaller the particles become and eventually compaction limits growth speed.
    I use composted chicken manure for nearly all my amending. It's a hot source of nitrogen and the litter helps add aeration to the soil. If I remember I'll grab a big sack of perlite and add a handful to each pot / site to get some fluff back in things.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Not a great first day for these to germ as it’s been overcast and in the low 60s. No direct sun at all for a good soil warming. I misted the top a bit earlier this afternoon hoping for sun but no go.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 2054E025-E25E-451A-AF0D-3F1C0847720A.jpeg I made these domes from a water jug in hopes of holding some heat. Another overcast day isn’t making for a great start.

Lil Yellow is being curious.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1

8. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nothing yet. The temp in the top layer of the mix is reading 80 out in the sun. I plan to check again tonight. This week has been cool so I’m worried from the start, to say the least.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I posted this in the @Organic sinse auto thread too but I’m excited that I think I see a little sprout popping. I’m getting a little sun and decent temps out today so another 12-16 hours may tell me more. Looks less robust than I had hoped but that’s likely the cool.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Forgot

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. B352FA67-E19F-4C3E-9A0C-C1344B1E7CD2.jpeg A little more defined and quite a pretty baby this evening. I’m still showing nothing in the other pot. The soil temps dropped to the low 60s last night, ima try and mind that.

Sorry for the pics, eyes ain’t so hot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. she looks perfect!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  14. Thanks for checking it out. I hope the other one looks healthy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. 2443030F-7D9A-41B8-9D0D-91F9FBEC15C2.jpeg The other baby popped up last night. I’ve got a mixed bag of weather coming in the next week so it’s to be a bumpy start I guess.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. This is going to be fun to watch since your season is so much earlier than mine. Please give us the high/low temps if you can. Thanks
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks for your attention and input RD. I’m in for some cool nights and even with automatic heat, it gets cool inside here at night too. These coming days are expected to be part cloudy and I really need that sun.

• Like Like x 3
  18. I'm enjoying watching it as well. It should be pretty educational. I always start inside, then harden off outside. I don't have a long enough season to try starting outside.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  19. Finally a good day of sun that I monitored on the patio from 10 am this morning until 7 this evening and will bring them in shortly.

Still a bumpy week in store tho.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 8F8B67E0-2254-4F90-ABDF-BBB88CB78FA3.jpeg Jeez I hate this camera. 8 days in and in a temporary shade spot. I kind of hoped for a little bigger by now but these swinging temps are hurting a bit I guess.

• Like Like x 2