Proper way to smoke a bowl

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by puffyj, Dec 28, 2019.

1. I’m 28 years old and I’m fairly new to smoking weed on my own. The only times that I’ve smoked in the past were in social situations where an already rolled joint/blunt would be passed to me. I have stubby fingers and I’m clumsy so I absolutely suck at rolling joints/blunts so I figured that I would start by smoking a pipe.

I have a few questions regarding bowls:

1. How do I light it? Do I light the weed directly, light the glass rim, or light it slightly away from the weed?

2. When and how long do I hold the carb hole for? Do I hold it the entire time or do I just hold when first inhaling?

3. How do I know when the bowl is done? And can I simply re-light the same bowl the next day if I didn’t finish it?

4. Are there any tips and tricks to make inhaling less harsh on the throat?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. You're over thinking it. Just light it and enjoy.

But to answer your questions:
    1. All of the above work. It doesn't matter as long as the weed burns.
    2. The entire time.
    3. You'll know and yes you can.
    4. Inhale slowly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 1. How do I light it? Do I light the weed directly, light the glass rim, or light it slightly away from the weed?
    in a social situation, you light near the edge of the bowl so you don't burn all the green away. you don't need to do this alone and you can practice a bit to find your balance.

2. When and how long do I hold the carb hole for? Do I hold it the entire time or do I just hold when first inhaling?
    some pipes need you to hold it longer some not so much. typically just hold the hole until your ready for all the smoke then release it. it allows fresh air to rush into the pipe while your inhaling, allowing you to clear the pipe of any smoke. just experiment you will figure it out.

3. How do I know when the bowl is done? And can I simply re-light the same bowl the next day if I didn’t finish it?
    the bowl is done with nothing is left but ash ideally that ash it will either be white or black depending on the quality of the bud. you relight the bowl after every hit basically unless it cherries. if it does cherry be sure to put it out with the lighter so it's not just sitting there burning. and you totally can finish a bowl the next day, it will probably be a little stale and not taste as good.

4. Are there any tips and tricks to make inhaling less harsh on the throat?
    smaller hits, larger pipe, bong, experience.

at the end of the day just experiment, theres no correct way, just personal experience on what works best for you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thank you. I just want to make sure I’m doing it right and not wasting any bud.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Place lighter that is lite over bowl , suck till the top of your head goes flat , hold smoke in lungs till your face turn three different shade of red to purple .
    Exhale and repeat until the weed in the pipe taste like ash .
    you can stir the bowl depending on if you are smoking a bud or ground up weed .

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. You may want to consider investing in a quality vaporizer. I pretty much quit smoking once I bought my vaporbrothers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #1. I like the hold the lighter a short distance above the herb and pull the flame too it. Depending on the size of the bowl I’ll get several “green hits”. Look into a one hitter
    #3. I don’t like to let the ash suck through the hole when the bowl is done. As I’m smoking my bowls I gently scrape off the ash on top. When you get to the end of the bowl be mindful of it and gently suck so it don’t suck it through and dump ash when it’s finished.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to the world of herb.

All i can say is breath control, flame directly on weed or edge in a social situation and hold finger on carb till you cant inhale anymore smoke (if you cough easy) and clear chamber of smoke then its ready for next hit. If you dont clear all the smoke and hit it 20 seconds later the stale smoke might make you cough and waste your last hit (if your low on stash)

All the best on your cannabis adventure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I actually do have a vaporizer but I’m having a hard time finding good carts in my area...I’m in South Florida. A lot of the dealers I know either don’t sell them or they have the fake crappy ones. If you know anyone in SoFlo who has good carts, let me know!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. You can get vaporizers that vape bud, not juice. They're great.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yep, I have a pax3 and love it. Getting the firefly 2 soon. Heard good things about it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Quick Guide 4 OP:

1. You light the weed directly. You should hold the lighter so the flame is touching the weed and then breathe in slightly (like your sucking on a straw and while holding carb hole) so the flame looks like it's pulled into the weed.

2. You hold the carb hole while you are lighting the weed. Hold the carb hole and breath in slightly so smoke fills the pipe and once it does (shouldn't take very long pipes are small) then release the carb hole and breathe straight into your lungs. and hold in for 4 seconds.

3. The bowl is done when no green is left visible/there is just ash. You can use a toothpick or somethign to turn over the buds in the bowl to check for remaining green :) and yes, you can relight a bowl the next day but i would just recommend packing less in the bowl - only pack what you'll smoke.

4. Make sure you have a glass of water on standby. As for making it less harsh, just smoke a tiny bit at a time rather than packing and smoking a whole bowl. Just smoke a little bit in a bowl at a time. It actually helps conserve weed as you can stop as soon as you feel high enough, without feeling like you have to finish the bowl.

Hope this helped :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. I want to try that

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. [​IMG]

Fill brass pipe with Kief
    Apply flame
    Inhale
    Cap with nickel to snuff smoldering Kief.
    Hold hit until blue in the face.
    Fall over and pass out
    Life is good.

BNW

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. the best way to smoke a bowl is the way that it gets you high. :RoorRip:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. damn that's some old ass hash... or an old ass picture lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Why do you say it’s old? Based off of what?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Let me know about the Firefly! I have the Pax 3 as well, got it solely based off of mass reviews vs the Firefly, but if you have both then you’ll have a better opinion!

19. The fact the jar is labeled 2015 ...
    Good stuff

• Like Like x 2