Post-root rot in Aerogarden- recommendation

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by paestum, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Hi there,
    Planted about 1 month ago in Aerogarden Farm. The tank is about 10L (2.5 gallons).
    I use Advanced Nutrients Sensi system which is quite good at keeping pH levels in check. I also use Cannazym (converts dead roots into food) and Hydroguard.
    BUT... we had some very warm weather here and the tank must have gotten too hot. The leaves on one plant started to droop. Checked it and lo and behold the roots were looking gnarly... Don't know if this was the right thing to do but I did the following:
    • Completely emptied tank and cleaned it with bleach
    • Trashed the dead one (pic below) 1689 with it in my hand
    • Stuck other two infected plant roots into a cup with hydrogen peroxide for 10 minutes. Rinsed w water
    • Cut bottom part of dead roots off
    • You'll see the healthy plants and the infected ones
    • Added TNC's Mycorr thenutrientcompany.com/products/tnc-mycorr-hydro , Cannazym and Hydroguard
    The water is now brown due to the Mycorr but no further deterioration appears to be occurring.
    Should I cut more off of these other dead roots? Or let them be?
    Any other thoughts?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. hydrogen peroxide 2-3 teaspoons per gallon of reservoir water will kill at that slime. Each dose should last for around four days. What is does, Kills bacteria and viruses, keeps pests away. Helps fight root rot and fungi. Improves oxygen content in water. Stimulates root growth and nutrient uptake. Removes chlorine from water. Boosts overall plant growth and health

• Like Like x 1
  3. But I can’t use hydrogen peroxide IN the tank because I gave it a ton of beneficial bacteria...
    what about taking the diseased plants out and cutting more dead roots off and then soaking those in hp?

4. I used ozone

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Grasscity Forum