PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Sick flowers sacredsoil very nice

Smoke report? Got a favorite?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2. I like the panama in the day. Malawi x pck in the evening. Need to still trim that haze / cali china, it has been air curing on the stem lol. All of them need to cure longer to fully develop the flavors.

Panama is a very energetic creative, friendly, good feeling sativa. It has a nice lemony aroma and taste. My favorite really, just took like 13 weeks lol. Maybe could've gone longer...

The Malawi x PCK has a more berry forest fruity taste. The Pakistani parent is much more indica, too much can make you couch lock.

The haze / cali china caught me off gaurd. I had low expectations for it, but turned out better than expected. Nice hashy incense perfume scents and taste. One to try again some day. Maybe get the purple haze pheno

• Like Like x 1
  3. I let my Panama go a bit long last time waiting for some amber. I liked it the best of my plants last year. The high was the most powerful. I had a pheno with pink pistils. Nice smells - lemon, vanilla, incense, with a little cat-piss. Needed to cure to get better. Smoked it was lemony and incensy. At first the high was a bit weird and unpredictable, good sometimes and strange other times. Kept the power but smoothed out and got happier with the cure. I would grow it again with more fertilization.
    Thanks for the beautiful bud shots and your descriptions of those strains. I dig Ace genetics.
    If you got anything else growing, share away anytime neighbor!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Will do :passtheshit:

Btw in that malawi x pck cross, all the plants were completely different in that f1. The purple was more pakistani dominant. One green one tasted like grape, was early finishing, and super frosty, but I overdried it. One had a super light barely visible purple and was malawi dominant. Another green malawi dom. The malawi dominant ones had a more strong lemon taste.

I may have to run a few more panamas. I wanted the pink pheno badly, but I only got a 3 pack. Dubi said the pink pheno is rarer indoors, maybe not with white leds? Maybe get another 3..or 6 panama and another 3 of tikal, so I can pheno hunt. Or I could get a breeders pack and they have the panama phenos separate. There is even a purple panama somewhere in there.

Haha yeah my stretchy pheno used up all the chlorophyll by the time it was done. All the leaves were super yellow. The shorter phenos didn't use it up as much.

Got any pics of the pink? She's a real beauty.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I like the idea of the PCK adding some berry smells and flavors into the Ace line up. Malawi x PCK looks interesting. Would be fun to pheno hunt and find a nice mom. This makes me wonder if you've tried any of Tropical Seeds Co gear? If I recall correctly they use a CBG PCK mother. The Bisho Purple looks tasty.

Did you get the Panama feminized packs? I think you have a much higher chance to get red or pink phenos with the feminized version.
    Anyway, here is my pink Panama. Her coloring was subtle but always there. I feel if my environment was cooler, she would have shown a lot more color. She ended up being pretty leafy and resinous. Very sticky and greasy resin.
    20170922_182705.jpeg
    20170915_182428.jpeg
    20171103_181625.jpeg
    20171011_174423(0).jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. You guys know about this? Right?

PINK Line

• Like Like x 1
  7. Heard of it but haven't tried it. Wish they had feminized...why only 5 regs?
    Got these in the line up for sometime.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I looked hard for grow reports or something but no luck. TBH Diesels and OGs aren't my style, but I thought other people might like it...now I got my eye on other seeds lol. If anyone wants to trade a souvenir PM me haha.

• Like Like x 2
  8. What a beauty. I've grown out Red Afro from tropical seeds. It is a PCK x PCK x Swaziland. Actually last cycle, it was as stretchy as that panama. The malawi x pck was more compact, but still a high yielder and a little earlier than the others. Ran the Red Afro next to my last malawi x pck, which turned out to be the only dark purple one in the pack. Still have a couple red afro beans.

I was trying to upload a group pic but doesn't want to upload. I'll try to post a bud shot of that red afro later on.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Red afro looks good too. What's the effect like? Comparisons to the Malawi x PCK? Thanks brah!

10. #70 PoiBoy79, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Tuesday 7.17

Weather has been getting a bit cooler but still in the low 90's. Plants have started growing again and pretty quick. They have noticably started using up more nutrients. Haven't watered the plants for a couple days, so they were ready for water and food. Gave them fish hydrolysate with TM-7/ fulvic and yucca. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    C99
    Hasn't been taking the heat so well. Always showing leaf stress no matter what I do. Notice the Dr. Seuss finger leaves. Other than some yellowing leaves in the lower center of the plant it looks healthy.
    [​IMG]
    Queen Mother
    Sticks is getting tall. Actually has a bit of lateral growth happening. Stem rubs smells great...I'll describe later when I'm not high and about to go for a hike.
    [​IMG]
    Kali China
    She is growing tough and healthy. Looking forward to this one.
    [​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze
    Has a funky basil smell coming off of it...mysterious.
    [​IMG]
    Guawi
    This one and the PxBH smell the most when you rustle the leaves.
    When I rub it's stem it has a greasy resin and camphor smell with a touch of fruit. Tasty
    [​IMG]
    So the plants are looking good even though the first half of this month was rough. My plan is to feed the plants a little heavier as long as they show me they need it.
    I gotta be honest and say I only sprayed for pests once or twice the whole grow. Foliars are a pain for me since I travel to the garden. If I don't need to why do it? Once flower is kicking it's BT regularly. Bud worms seem to be the only thing I need to battle so long as I keep the plants healthy. It's good to be in SoCal! Bless you and your gardens neighbors.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Its beautiful, but it looks so dry there. I'm sweating just looking at those pics. Looking good man

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks michgan I'm trying to maximize the harvest and keep these plants healthy in the heat!
    Looks dry? Well it doesn't help that we stopped watering the yard again haha. It can be one of the prettiest and comfortable environments when its green from the rain, but then it fades to dry as a cracker and golden brown. Although this heat wave came with some humidity too so it extra blew lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. Your girls look happy.

It is pretty similar to malawi x pck. A little more strawberryish chewing gum forest fruity. Needs more cure time. A bit more indica, good sleep medicine. This one wasn't as dark purple as malawi x pck.

My panama was fem. I do fem because I don't really have space to breed, sex, etc.

Red Afro, crappy trim job :p
    20180717_213119.jpg

Group shot
    Left front malawi x pck. Right front red afro. Back right is that panama. Back left is panama. The haze x cali china is the one on the back left wall, tall scraggly one.
    20180502_200356.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Thanks!

Nice description. That's a nice trim job, just how I like it with a bit of leaf. I hate it when people trim too close and cut off pistils and calyx tips.
    Would love that smell here in the garden. I like the side by side, great looking plants, even the scraggly one!

• Like Like x 1
  15. #75 PoiBoy79, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Thursday 7.19

Did a little more training of the plants to open up the middles. Plants are starting to throw out more pistils and nodes are alternating, so I'm making sure I'm prepared for the stretch. I'm spreading the colas apart and pulling tops through. With a pair of tin snips I can make holes any size I want, for better access to the plants, and to arrange the plant just right. I can also use the cut fence as plant ties....I'm liking my new setup so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Nice job opening them up, should be some nice yields. I wanted to let you know that next month ace is releasing a limited edition panama x pck. Looks to be a wonderful hybrid, shortening the flower time to panama a little. Saw some beautiful pics, purple with pink hairs...

Peaked my interests. Has to be a tasty one

• Like Like x 3
  17. I am hoping I'll get good yields. I think this is the extent of my training. Now I'll just let them ride.
    Panama x PCK sounds colorful and tasty! The flavors and smells from that one must be interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like Like x 1
  18. #78 PoiBoy79, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Wednesday 7.25

Not much to report. Still hot, upper 90's 40-50%rh. Finished thinning the plants' middles and adjusting tops. These plants were only topped once and I'm sticking to it. They are gonna grow tall - maybe I'll bend some tops. There is preflowering happening on the plants, not sure if all of them yet.

Topdressed my dry fert mix I labeled 'bloom' since I added Langbeinite (sul-po-mag 22%sulfer/22%potassium/11%magnesium). About 1/2C of fert mix ea pot. I also add a little lime.

Next feeding will be Fish hydrolysate w/ kelp.

I think the trunks on these plants are looking good. Here's shots of them all.
    Queen Mother aka Sticks I'm curious how tall this one is now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    C99
    [​IMG]
    Kali China
    [​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze
    [​IMG]
    Guawi
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. I had that lighter about a month ago. That's a tall lady ya got. Thick stems to the top too. Looks great man. Big shafts err I mean stalks ya got there

• Like Like x 2
  20. I got another owl lighter too - if they have nature themed I'm on that.
    Thanks MM! It's true, I might call her sticks but she has thick strong stalks all the way up. You have a good experienced eye brother

• Like Like x 2