PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Yeah dude sounds like a plan.
    Feels like you're describing bioluminescence - lots of those little plankton and algae glow...back home on Kailua Beach I'd trip as a teen walking the water's edge at night, your footsteps would light up and stay that way for a second or two. Learned it's from squishing their little bodies underfoot lol
    So cool, there's a lot of great sealife in Ventura and up the coast....just saw some seals last week at the refuge in Carpinteria. The lady and I want to settle in a beach community somewhere, that's the dream. We'll grow some Ocean grown Ocean grown lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Yes, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is. I had an old couple tell me what it was like 20 years ago, but I was super stoned (big surprise). I've seen it a lot up there since. So rad. Beach living is pretty cool. Im not a sun bunny anymore, but I love the vibe. Wife and I are trying to figure out where we want to end up. It's really hard to figure out where you want to be old.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Near a good hospital... lol.

Ive seen bioluminace at pismo before. A amazing thing to see. Next time try taking a piss on it. Yea, i also seen a giant flock of bird flying in a big oval at pismo. Something else! In the berdoo mountains i seen a swarm of ladybugs that was stunning... nature is badass.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Agreed, Those bird flocks can be insane. What does a ladybug swarm look like?

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  5. It was in a meadow off a fireroad rhat starts at whitewater and goes to bigbear. This was back when it was legal to do so. The first thing i thought was it looked like a bright red motorcycle helmet out in the brush. Walked out there and it was a stump covered with 5in thick with bugs just massed. They trailed off about 5ft in all directions. It was amazing!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks Poi, great suggestions, I see you have the perfect garden planned out!

Gonna be thinking about how to solve that RO problem. I sorta overthink things, I heard tap water can mess with the microbiology of the soil, and that cannabis soaks up everything from the soil, so just worried about smoking contaminants. Need to find a place with good weather where it also rains heh

And looks like a cool beach spot in the pic! Haven't seen tall grass like that in socal, at least not down in San Diego. If you're ever down in these part of the woods, La Jolla Cove is a cool place to snorkel around in, there's a cave full of seals you can swim through, it's a trip.

The bioluminescence and walking on sand, one time at Blacks Beach we went at night back in the day, was like you were in the thriller video, sand was lighting up with every step. I had to pee, and seeing my pee light up the water was damn cool to see as well. Haven't seen it light up that much in a long time though, guess the conditions have to be just right

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Oooo fucking cool.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dude, a cave full of Seals to swing through. Fucking rad.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 4 of 6 pots got dug up by some animal - not the first time.
    20210406_120830.jpg

They must've liked the smell, I think they were eating worms and bugs....maybe a racoon or possum? Guess the soil got extra aerated this round.....the soil texture is looking smelling nice and earthy. Looking forward to a nice grow this year.
    Getting a slightly later start, bit I hope to have my seeds sprouted by the first of the month. Just waiting on the house termite inspection, may have to tent the place, and that will probably delay the transplant to these final pots. C'est la vie!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Good luck on inspection, we've got to tent soon too, not looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Just another ball busting life experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I deal with that issue in South GA...I've been lucky, though, only lost two plants from bud rot in 27 years of cultivation...
    Such a bummer!
    Spider mites are assholes, too!
    The climate, overall, is ideal for sativa dominant strains, but Indicas are more susceptible to bud rot in the high humidity in my area of the world...
    Sucks that it's still illegal here...we will legalize, right before Texas...after hell has an ice rink...

Sent from my moto e6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  13. That's awesome
    I've only ever had one solid purple plant, from seedling to harvest...I grew it outdoors and it was solid purple...in 78-101°F and was just genetically predisposed to a purple phenotype...It had NO green...The hairs came out burgundy and dried up a bit darker before harvest...Just a random bag seed back in 2007 or so? I'm guessing...time flies, whether you're having fun or not...
    Happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice to read you guys' discussion! Awesome seed collection, btw...
    I'm new on here and have 27 years of cultivation experience. I am excited to meet new peers and talk shop, so to speak...
    Have a good one!

• Like Like x 2
  15. r5m6vtvrebg31.jpg

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome to GC Chuck! Thanks, the seed collection is growing quick and I'll never be able to grow it all because I keep grabbing too many heh
    27 years is a lot of experience, you say you grow the sativas in GA? What are you growing this season? Feel free to post up any shots you wanna share, including that purple to the bone plant you mentioned....burgundy pistils too, gorgeous....she smoke good?

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. IMG_20190912_143403_050.jpg

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1