Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by stevenwhite962, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Okay so it wasn't that long ago that I decided I would try weed for the first time. I was with some friends and I smoked about a joints worth and the results were beyond horrifying. I became paranoid and it just got worse and worse. I thought I had died and got to hell and I was being judged for my sins. Everything seemed to horrify me. Everything was just adding to my negative thoughts, making me feel worse and worse. At one point I was 100% convinced I had died and gone to hell, since everyone's eyes were red. We went back home and on the way back I couldnt bring myself to say anything. I could feel my high coming down, but I was still equally horrified and paranoid. This lasted for another day, and a couple weeks later I decided to smoke again and it had the same affect, just on a lower level. I've had no history of anxiety or panic attacks until after I smoked. Now I get anxiety attacks at random points in the day when I'm with friends and at night when I'm trying to sleep. Sometimes I'm still thinking I'm in hell for and that I'm dead. I'm sorry for this long question but has anyone heard of anything like this? Is this anxiety permanent? What can I do the relive it? Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey dude how much did you smoke the second time? Also feelings of intense paranoia would not be so uncommon for the first while as it can be a side effect, Also have you anything going on in your life at the moment that you are anxious about that could rear its head when you smoked as it can exaggerate anxiety in those who are suffering from it even self consciously. I would suggest maybe laying of trying it again until you are in a better head space if this is indeed the problem, Any more questions throw them my way sure used to get absolutely awful highs when I started a few years ago.

3. For me it's all about my surroundings, if they're positive my high will be much better. You said you were with friends but a smaller group or someone you're very comfortable around could help. Try to slowly introduce yourself, smoke less the next few times and see if that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Weed isn't for you. You do not have to continue to smoke it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Much less longwinded then my response haha, It is a weird and beautiful plant that it can go so badly for you if your in an environment your not fully comfortable with it, Im not a big group smoker myself either one or two people at most for me, And I still love doing it on my own mostly

6. I agree! When I'm in a big group I never have anything to say, I find it much more enjoyable with one or two people.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I took only a couple hits the second time. I've only smoked twice and both times I was scared out of my mind. It's been a week and I'm still not in my right mind. Everything seems so fake and unreal and I'm basically constantly paranoid wondering if I'm alive or dead

8. @MorganPth Ha same as I just sit in a corner smoke and then get very awkward and count down the minutes until I can go and either smoke on my own or with my good friends haha, Also welcome to the site :)

9. Then maybe weed just isn't for you. I've never experienced anything remotely similar, but if your entire outlook changes you should probably just avoid it.

10. Hey man sorry to hear it is having such a negative impact on you, Id have to say I have never experienced that myself and maybe weed just isnt for you unfortunately, If it makes you feel like that is it really worth trying again anyway?

11. Do y'all know if this anxiety is permanent?

12. I really would not think so man, just lay off it for now go out get some exercise and drink water and shizz and think your mind will go back to normal soon, just try not to freak yourself out about it and it will go without you even noticing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks guys. Hopefully it isn't permanent. Hopefully I'll go back to normal living life soon without any worries. Definitely won't ever be smoking again though haha. I just gotta find a way to convince and prove to myself I'm alive and okay.

14. @whycantifindaname I like the intimacy aspect smoking with one/a few people adds, that speaks to me much more than having to force myself into other conversations. Lol

15. I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, I hope you feel better!

• Like Like x 1
  16. @MorganPth ya that describes it perfectly actually when your comfortable with one or two people you can verbalize the great thought processes weed give you, pity I havent found too many girls with your mentality in Ireland ha :(

17. @stevenwhite962 No problem buddy and dont worry you will look back on this soon as a funny/ strange experience, Feel better bud :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I think it's because I'm so introverted, but I like the way you describe it. :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ha you dont differ too much from me so and thank you , Always being quite sh myself for whatever reason so weed was always going to be my drug of choice :love-mj:, How you enjoying the forums so far?

20. I just started smoking again recently actually, it has been a lovely experience. The forums are great! There's so much to learn here.