Please Help!!I need answer's

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by MidcoastMaineRox, Mar 18, 2021.

1. So i just got out of prison after serving 8I yrs at Maine State Prison and come out as a felon,My question is can i work in the Marijuana industry as a felon???I been around weed my whole life and would love to have a job in this industry.I feel like it's discrimanation if i won't be able to and it maddens me.

2. Most of the Legal Cannabis states the answer is a flat out NO.
    Can You Work in Colorado’s Cannabis Industry: Reviewing New Licensing Laws – Klone Colorado
    Overview of SB19-224
    SB19-224 contains a variety of changes to medical and recreational marijuana policy and regulations, including details for allowing the recycling of marijuana packaging, changing how dispensary employees will be able to receive incentives, and further definitions and regulations relating to licensing and permits.
    Tucking into one small portion of SB19-224, the act includes an important change for individuals with felony convictions that are interested in entering the marijuana industry. “Under current law, a person is prohibited from being licensed if the person discharged a sentence for a felony within 5 years of applying for licensure or discharged a drug felony conviction within 10 years of applying for licensure. The act changes the law so a person is prohibited from licensure of the person was convicted of a felony within 3 years of applying for licensure or is currently serving a sentence for a felony or a deferred judgment or sentence.”
    Put simply, SB19-224 drastically reduces the time formerly incarcerated individuals will have to wait before attempting to enter the cannabis industry. Rather than waiting 5 years after discharge for non-drug-related felonies, or 10 years after discharge

3 year wait.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank u for taking the time.Respect sir!!

• Like Like x 1