Plant looks tired need a Guru

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by black2grey, Mar 6, 2021.

1. So I'm in coco/perlite 30% growing 2 bcn critical xxl autos. I was giving 20/4 lighting. I just switched to 18/6 because my plant looked underwatered or overwatered but doubt it because I've been watering to run off daily. But today the plant got tired about 3 hours before lights out. ... Is she just tired? Extra pics show plants doing fine watered 1614999826436.jpg IMG_20210304_095539731.jpg IMG_20210304_095424992.jpg

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Water or yes they will droop when thru know lights are shutting off but could be a mix of stuff

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think I have to different genetics of the same strain this time. Raised the light 2 inches and changed the lights to 18/6 hopefully this makes the time a little closer, I read that it can cause lower yields if they are stressed like this. To much light over a period of time. I guess some genetics can't take it.

4. I believe it's damn near impossible to over water in a coco/perlite mix, unless you submerge it! I see this all the time when plants dry out, they shrivel and bend over like that. I don't see much shriveling, but the weak stem indicates a lack of water. In that loose of mix, you might try watering several times a day.

5. Thanks @AskEd. Yeah she's doing it again... Was beautiful at lights on and much bigger then yesterday. She's tied over to let her sister catch up but I don't think it will happen. Could light to close cause this @AskEd? 1615075565025.jpg

6. Have you tried watering her when she goes limp? To me it looks like she's going dry, except normally the leaves shrivel up a bit so this is definitely strange but I still think she wants a drink. You can also lift up the pot since you are in plastic if it's light then that's another nod towards lack of water and you definitely need to give her some water and give it to her more frequently. Any plant in coco should have some weight to it at all times as a rule of thumb.

In any case, she's a beautiful plant. Looking at the main stalk - whenever it has those twizzler shape lines (as opposed to perfectly round stalks) they usually turn out to be vigorous monsters in my experience - which means big buds :) I hope that's the case here, and I hope she comes around soon!

7. Wish the nodes where closer but she's huge. 2 foot mainstalk today. Goes limp every night slowly, think she wants the outdoors. Pics from yesterday. I honestly think she's fine. I can water and water it does nothing I can not water all day and does nothing. So water is not an issue, looks like it yes. Changed the lights to 18/6 still does it. It's like it knew I did it. And still does the relaxing hours before lights off. Little plant had big stalk lots of nodes and perfect bush form. Idk what's better. But damn it's going to be hard to reach a perfect canopy. IMG_20210307_081921491_HDR.jpg

8. That is a mystery indeed! I have seen plants with a rogue mind of their own looks like this is one of them.

9. AskEd I don't know if your following my autos. Im about week 2 in flower on my shorter plant. The other one made branches with no side branching it reached my max for my tent last week and had to chop her back every single top. They still go to sleep when ever they like. Autos are a odd breed. I think I prefer photos.. these are just to different to grow together. Well for me. IMG_20210325_143444188.jpg