Plant growing slow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BoomersDank420, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Ok i just went on the website and you rained on my parade allright lol its actually 160 watts but that should be plenty for one plant right?

2. One plant. Good luck. :)

3. Thanks i appreciate all the help

4. With grow lights you get what you paid for.... the $100 amazon lights are good if you are just starting and don't have a lot of money to lay out, you can a yield out of them. but if you look around here on this forum at other grows where growers have real good lights you can see they will double or even triple the grow from cheep LED's.... at leas that is how I see it and is why at the top of my bucket list it to upgrade my lights from the cheep LEDs

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hi peeps I’m using the metzhi 600w and it seems to be doing ok I’m looking for high yeiiding auto any you can think of pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Grab a maxisun from amazon 90$ plus warranty is the easy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #27 roccus, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    That is what I am using now 2 Maxsisun 300W lights they are more like 140 real watts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Watts are watts. Get a bunch of em. Minimum of like 400 for flower. True actual draw watts. After that you can figure out what is better than what. But you need watts.
    Also that’s not a 16gal pot. It’s 16 liters maybe. A 16 gal pot would be a pot as big around as a car tire and just as tall.

• Like Like x 1
  9. No the pot says 16 gallons and its HUGE its almost 2 1/2 feet tall and 18 inches across

• Like Like x 1
  10. Like I said. 16 liters. A Home Depot bucket is about that size. That’s a 5 gallon bucket. A 16 gallon bucket would be about 3-1/2 feet wide and 2 feet deep.
    Plus I can see from the pic. :)

11. A 5 gall would take an entire 1.25 cubic ft bag of soil??

12. Sounds about right. That’s only a 15”x15”x15” square.

13. 1.25 cubic ft is almost 40 liters so its not a 16 liter pot

14. My meizhi 1200w is 630ish real watts I believe was like $220

15. Hey Dank! Atleast you only spend $99! Could be much worse...

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

16. It's actually 568w and sells for $330 on Amazon.

17. I wasn’t far off :) I think it’s shit compared to my vented dual spec bulbs. The led doesn’t let my plants stretch at all.

18. those maxisuns are basically veg only lights and are very low quality. Better off with a spiderfarmer or something on alibaba

19. Did you start the seed in the 16gallon pot or did you transplant into a 16gal?

If you started in that large of a pot its likely you were overwatering. Easy to overwater seedlings when they are in large containers.

I start seedlings in solo cups allows them to establish roots quickly. In large pots your seedling will focus on root growth rather than foliage as its such a large space to fill. Atleast in my experience.

If your looking for a decent light that performs well Id recommend MarsHydro TS600 only $80-90 on amazon. Switched from a blurple like you to that and have had much better results!