Plant growing slow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BoomersDank420, Feb 22, 2018.

1. hows it goin guys my names boomer and this is my first plant and its 6 weeks old today im just wondering if its at a normal size

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to GC Boomer. For 6 weeks it's way behind in growth. Could you provide information about your grow?
    These plants are 6 weeks from sprout for a comparison. Good luck. :)
    Flower 1 week.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  3. Could just be the seed.... I have 3 plants I germinated the same day and they all popped the same day but one almost looked like it was not going to make but starting to look way better now they are all about 5 1/2 weeks old now...

this pic was taken a few days ago at 5 weeks old you can see the runt in upper right corner compared to the other 2...
    [​IMG]
    here is the runt closer..
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 BoomersDank420, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    I went with a 50 w 12x12 sansun led full spectrum light (thats what box says) just put it into 16 gallon pot, temp is kinda low it ranges from 68-73 i have plant just in my room the plant is on 24/24 light and is in black magic soil mixed with bone meal, blood meal earthworm castings, and bat guanno i water every other day no nuts i have not checked ph (im new just found out about it) plant does have one little brown spot And roccus let me know how that plant does i mean it sucks we got some smallies but maybe they will hit grow spurts

Attached Files:

5. Well, 50 watts of light is a problem - not near enough light. The reason for the slow growth is partially because you started the plant in a 16 gal. pot - way overkill indoors - it's best to start plants in small containers like a solo cup so the roots can fill the container, then transplant to maybe a 1 gal., then to a 3 gal. I'm not a soil grower so I can't give you advice regarding that , but I do know watering every other day for a plant that small in a 16 gal. pot is not a good idea. Perhaps a soil grower can chime in and help you with that. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I started in a cup then after 2 weeks went to a 3 gal and the roots were crazy then i just put it into the 16 gal from the 3 gal like a week ago and again the roots were just packed around the pot so i thought it was doing pretty good and i thought that was going to be an issue so i will definately look for new like what minimum wattage you would run for one plant thanks

7. #7 MickFoster, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    I don't doubt that you thought the roots would outgrow the 3 gallon pot but you can grow a 5'-6' untrained plant in a 3 gallon pot. I'm not a soil grower but I believe most of them use 5-7 gallon pots. The wattage depends on the type of light you use. With your setup I would recommend one of those cheap chinese 300w led's that you can purchase on amazon for around $79. They're cheap lights but they work great for one plant. They're not actually 300w - they're around 135w actually - it's a marketing ploy. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  8. #8 SlinkyKat, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    It could be genetics as to why the one is very small. I've had that happen on occasion. My personal style is to germinate and place into the final pot, no matter if it's a photo or an auto. I never use anything bigger than a 5 gal. Too much room, not enough plant and it slows growth down to a crawl. My growth rate is slower than up potting, but it's always caught up and exceeded all my needs. I, also, never water directly over the roots, but water in a circle about 2-3 inches away from the base of the plant so that the roots have to search out for the water. I can't say for other soil growers, but my grows seem to go insane around the 3-4 week period. Good Luck with your grow!!! You have done super!! :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. 16 gal pot haha , roots with be trying to get established. once it gets that pot filled it will probably explode.

you've made it hard for yourself with a pot that nice , water will be off stagent before that pot drys out abit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. first 3-4 weeks its like nothing is happening then after that the girls look different everyday. the op's plant looks 2 weeks old though not 6.

11. Thanks guys i will get a smaller pot and stronger light hopefully that helps i wil keep posted

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. [QUOTE="MarcG420
    Ok so itll just shoot up once its rooted in the pot good? Thatd be nice i appreciate the input just a new light then

13. Here is my mini at 6 weeks now don't know if it will produce much but there it is...
    [​IMG]

14. Do you guys got any suggestions on a light i cannot find anything in led thats lower than 150$ that actually puts out 300 watts

15. Buy a dimmable 600w hps should be able to get for your budget

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. That’s the best light you can buy for your budget. Don’t bother going led unless your off for quantum boards. The purple leds are wank

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Dang i just bought this its got great reviews from a couple weed growers its true 800 watts and my purple one i have now works great plant just needs more light than i knew about #noobgrower

Attached Files:

18. Sorry to rain on your parade but that light is not a true 800w led - it only pulls 150w. You can't buy a true 800w LED for $99 - more like $1189 or more.

• Agree Agree x 2