Ph in coco/perlite, best veg and bloom ph

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Justin3132, Mar 5, 2021.

1. First time grower. What is the best ph for veg and bloom?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I use h3ads formula at 6ish throughout.

3. A mix between 5.8-6.2 is what I use. But I feed at for example 6.0 for a week then go up for a week then go down for a week then back 2 6.0. that should simplify it.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I see, so it’s recommended to drift in between each week? I can’t just stay at a certain ph?

• Like Like x 1
  5. The following chart shows you how certain elements are available to the plant in certain pH ranges, and locked out at others. As long as you are within the range, you should be okay, but 6.0 is considered the middle-of-the-road to try to aim for. Some people (me) like to let the pH drift in order to help encourage all nutrient uptake and to ensure there isn't a deficiency in any of them.

ph_hydro_chart.jpg

6. I was following that chart, my ph was at 6.0 my plants turned yellow, so I raised my ph to 6.5 they turned green for a bit now there yellow a little. So I’m not sure if it’s cause my high is high or maybe I need to ph at 5.8. I thought that chart was off because I seen different charts that were different for hydroponics

7. Keep in mind that the yellowing of your leaves might have nothing to do with the pH at all, but possibly some other issue, such as: temperature, excessive light, nitrogen/manganese/iron deficiency... there's lots of possibilities.
    If you raised it to 6.5 and they got a little better, it's possible you had a magnesium deficiency.
    You will see various charts where the upper and lower limits might be .1 or .2 off from each other, but in general the ranges are relatively close:
    Soil: ~6.2-6.8
    Hydroponics: ~5.5-6.5

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You could and if you do here is why it may fail. I have so much saved just let me know if you need anything else. Screenshot_20180626-213059.jpg zone-5-768x1264.jpg

9. Aim lower like 6.2 and lower. Best way to understand this is test your run off. It it's higher then I'm right. LoL. It's it's lower then intake then I'm wrong. But could be cuz I use vinegar as ph down and it naturally drifts back up. Feed low let the plant drink and as it sets there a bit the water will change ph usually up, at least for me.

10. If you are in coco then you have a lot of forgiveness. Coco will help keep the ph in an acceptable range, as long as your water going in is pretty close. You can never go wrong with 5.8 at anytime during the grow.

11. Go to cocoforcannabis.com they explain everything and have tools and charts for coco. I wouldnt go below 5.8 in coco personaly. Lol ots dtw but its not exactly. Be smart take advice and dont try to use a basic chart for hydro in coco. Its close but avoid the highs and lows unless theres an issue. Just a heads up

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I lowered it to 6.0 they seem to be doing okay, you think I should do 5.8, I don’t wanna run into magnesium issues or calcium IMG_7035.JPG IMG_7034.JPG IMG_7033.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. 6.0 is fine, I've been running 5.8 for the last 10+ years at least, it works great trust me :) Your girls seems to have an iron deficiency, the light colored new growth is pointing to that but the red stems sometimes indicate some micronutrient issues so you may have a little of both. Unfortunately these are often ph problems in hydro but not so much in coco or soil so perhaps something needs a little tweak elsewhere.

If you want to detail your nutes & feeding routine some folks here might be able to help see if anything might be suspect. I'm happy to look myself :)