PH and what it means for your plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joe_fresh, Mar 17, 2010.

1. My runoff pH is 5.3 with water that was 6.5 what is happening plants seem happy week 2 of veg

2. Lowering pH with vinegar getting some pH adjuster soon

3. If ya need to lower your PH it should do what it says , I just use the “root farm” brand and you can find it at any local Canadian tire location for 7 bucks instead of 18

4. The one I seen at Canadian Tire was half the bottle size so I just bought the one on amazon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good stuff man I suppose ya are right , I just find I only use about 1.5 ml for every 10 L so I don’t go through much at all lol

6. Lemon juice and vinegar are acidic. They should lower it. Unless I'm completely backwards right now...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have a lemon tree and just use lemon juice. It works fine. Vinegar works well too apparently, but I haven’t tried it yet. I was using PH Down, but didn’t like the poison warning on the bottle, so I decided to look into natural alternatives. If that stuff you have works and you’re good with what’s in it, use it. Go with personal preference.

8. Crush up some of you left over egg shell, make a tea or mix it in the soil, could buy organic eggs

9. Here are my current pH results during peak flowering, a month and a few weeks left until harvest. Tends to stay above a pH of 6.0 but not going above a pH of 6.5 or below a pH of 5.8.

On-wards!

Attached Files:

10. Is that meter specifically for soil? Normally you would need to perform a slurry test to get correct soil ph.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes, it is suitable for plant growing, and aquariums, too, I believe. Its a hydro pH pen so I calibrated it using both alkaline and phosphate materials, then tested it immediately after watering the soil (yesterday), and dunked the meter two inches.

And you're right, I should perform additional tests for better accuracy, such as slurry. Thanks!

12. I’ve read a lot of posts about PH, supps, water techniques, etc. I started growing a plant in my closet with two LED bulbs providing 20watts. Planted in a breathable plant sack and use minor nutrients I had around the house. I use a desk fan for air circulation. I know I won’t have a decent yield, but I have yet to experience any leaf drooping, discoloration, insect problems, etc. am I missing out by using these techniques or does all the chemicals and constant PH monitoring cause stress to the plants...?
    upload_2020-12-27_17-4-28.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. your plant is showing signs of poor pH. You can use different organic matter to raise or lower pH. I use organic vinegar to lower, limestone to raise for a plant in a pot already. You can also use wood chips, low pH water, leaves, gypsum, Epsom salts, low pH compost or manure, lemon/citrus fruit juice, vitamin c, citric acid, and more to lower pH. To raise, high pH compost or manure, worm castings, limestone and more, going up usually isn’t an issue.

14. Using store bought potting soil like mg needs no ph done to it. It's made to accept a wide range oh ph 7-8 and will balance itself out. I water about 7.8 from tap. I had problems when I phd my water like you did.

15. I water my girls water ph'd at 6.5 every time even ph my nute solution to the same , what would cause my ph in my soil to drip to 5.6 on its own ? Threw me into panic mode yesterday and flushed em untill they leveled out around 6.0 , I'm growing in coco loco by foc farms . My girls are just entering preflower any help on what can cause this and how to remedy it would be a life saver

Sent from my SM-G998U using Grasscity Forum mobile app