PH and what it means for your plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joe_fresh, Mar 17, 2010.

1. 20160813_155724.jpg 20160813_155715.jpg 20160813_155702.jpg Not sure how to get help. Where i respond to. I need help. Please help!!! I can't figure out what's wrong. . I haven't given her water in three days. She's been slow grow and they think it may have something to do with the initial nutrients I gave her. However, when looking at sick plant forums I am confused as ever. I put a tsp of salt in a gallon jug and sprayed all of my plants. 4 of the plants seemed to need it but 2 looked like i sprayed poison on it. I took a photo of it. I have way more lights than what you see, this was my "good morning" lights so that I don't go blind from too much light when i check on them in the AM.

2. At first it looked like a plant that got "TOO MUCH WATER" but if you are saying it has not been given water in three days then the pH or something you feed it is not performing well. What nutrients did you give them?

3. Great thread.

The pH level is an important variable and getting a feel for it can lead to incredible results. The moment you start to ignore this variable is the moment you hurt your growth.

You want to sit in that 5.5-6.5 region according to the research I've done (Best pH For Cannabis Hydroponics - Last Minute Garden).

I'm still learning as I go but it is fascinating nonetheless.

4. You sir know what you are talking about!!!! Proper PH is mandatory for anything in life to grow. It's the first thing I overlooked/paid no attention to when I stated my first grow and it was a disaster.

5. Hey guys. So, the water out my tap comes out about 8.1. I let it sit for a day then I adjusted to 6.5 and let that sit another 24 hours. I checked after and it was about 6.7. I didn’t adjust and let that sit longer and it’s at 6.9 the next day... Pretty much everyday the ph on my water goes up about .2 or so... I’m worried about treating the water too many times and confused by the continuous change in ph over time... should I switch to distilled water or will I have similar issues. Please help or message me!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Just give us the soil recipe yo!

7. This thread has wayyyyy too much reading and information for absolute beginners and most probably stop reading after the second paragraph. There is no need to go that in depth here. Keep your ph between 6.1-6.9 in soil and 5.6--6.5 in hydro. Too high or low ph can cause nutrient lockout. Show them how to calibrate a ph pen or use ph test strips. Thats all an absolute beginner needs to know about ph.

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I tried reading thru the post, so just keep ph between 6 and 7?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Just a question (sorry if it's been answered somewhere)...I'm going into day 3(2.5) of germination and I guess I'm just impatient because I really thought I should've seen something by now and I'm starting to get worried (want of a better word) lool. I have 4 seeds in jiffy greenhouse on a heat mat but, I'm concerned that I should've used tap water to moisten the pellets instead of distilled water... I really don't know why I used distilled. The greenhouse is also covered by a converse shoe box for darkness. Am I just impatient or am I messing this up LOL this is my first time planting anything

10. How do I calibrate my ph pen? It went all messed up a few weeks ago and since it's been a busy time of year I haven't been phing my water... I was going to buy the drops but until I get around to that is there a way to 're calibrate my oh pen? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I've been straggling on starting my first marijuana plant I have no idea that planting would be this complicated, a lot of things to consider. I'm trying to grow this https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/boss-hogg/ .I decided to grow my own just for personal use and it's been very effective on treating my chronic back pain

12. Hey, guys. I found this discussion, what do you think , who is right?

Attached Files:

13. Budrick is right, Autos are NOTORIOUS for being "finicky" with nutrients. Most get nutrient burn incredibly easy, you can slowly add small amounts of nutes to a feed but due to the speed of Auto flower growth by the time the auto becomes less sensitive to the nutes it will more than likely be almost ready to harvest. The other Guy was 100 % in the wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. thank u

• Like Like x 1
  15. I am a beginner. I collect rain water in 7- 55 gallon blue drums that I have a bubbler in each one run off a small air compressor. Is there a hook up that I can pass my water through and the ph will always be at 6.0?

Sent from my SM-J737P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Amazing Post thank you. Just recently purchase three fox farms products from a seller on amazon and am excited to begin.

17. Is there any way to lower your PH if you don't have the prescribed PH down? I know that you can use vinegar or lemon juice to increase your PH but is their anything that will lower it???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I drop my pH using a pH reducer for potted plants. It’s just phosphoric acid, like used as a food additive. Plus using about 1ml per 4L, plus phosphorus is a critical nut that the plants love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. Is this good to use? In water for my 2nd soil grow? Screenshot_20200128-034546.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app