PH and what it means for your plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joe_fresh, Mar 17, 2010.

1. #241 drnick420, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    Its around 75$ in store
    I know i could get it cheaper from web but i dont have time to wait so yeah.
    Looks like its the same type as yours, pencilsize and some kinda small needle and round glass or whatever it is on the bottom, so hows it working?
    U just stick it into liquid/runoff/soil?
    ive seen people using the ones with glass? pipe looking on the bottom
    Why does auto cal. need liquid?
    Im kinda noob about all this so sorry lol.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Brah's need some help in regards to ph.

My plants are going through some nute lockout. I mistakenly have been giving the plants 6.1 ph'd water + nutes and I think calmag is not being utilized.

I want to get her into that sweetzone of 6.5 for soil.

I'm planning on flushing her then adding the last gallon with a mild dose of bloom nutes because she's 2nd week into flowering.

My question is: Should I ph all my gallons of water (2 gallons for flush, 1 with nutes) to 6.5-6.6?

Or should I ph the gallons to 6.8-6.9 to help it balance out with the soil ph of 6.0-6.1?

Any help is appreciated.

3. So if you're water is like 7ph should I even bring down for soil?

4. You are a perfect example of why I became an organic gsrdener. It answered a lot of questions that I had which were pretty much the same questions as you. I honestly think more people would make the move if they realized how easy it was. The main thing it entails is preperation. If you can figure out how to prepare your soil for each of these issues that you come across with the proper ammendments then your life becomes sooo much easier.

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423532659.660511.jpg

Hey can someone tell me if this is from heat stress or something else. I'm new and just don't know. The leaves feel dry but it's growing nicely. But then I never felt a cannabis plant so I don't know how they are suppose to feel.

Sent with Peace & Love

6. #246 dabstar1, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
    Can someone tell me if this is nut burn or nitrogen toxicity? It started off clawing at the tips So I flushed a cpl days ago, and now looks like it might be nute burn the nodes on pre flowers are starting to go brown and die. Smaller leaves started to go yellow big shade leafs burning and drying up with tips curling

Attached Files:

7. What a great thread!! Thank you:) im looking into starting my first indoor grow and I don't want to purchase or begin ANYTHING until I do my research and feel fully confident that I will be able to grow the right way.

8. maybe your pot is not draining well. I had a plant that curled on me and never recovered. It was from me giving it nutrients as and due to poor drainage in the pot I was using I got this. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426382159.003742.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426382198.987041.jpg

Sent with Peace & Love

9. #249 dabstar1, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    all good now it was nute burn I flushed for a week and cut back nutes. drainage wasnt a problem it drains threw with ease its now healthy and almost finished budding now sugur coated buds are almost ready to pick ;) 20150322_165426.jpg

10. Sweet take some close up pics ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427537952.975336.jpg

Sent with Peace & Love

11. Wow this was a great peace!  Thank you very much for your wealth of knowledge.  I always wondered why people grew plants that had no punch.. I guess it makes sense now. 

12. Great read, lots of good info. A handful of articles like this and my first grow should go fairly smooth i hope :)

13. Can someone tell me whats going on ? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435831696.823926.jpg

14. It looks like a nutrient problem. Its hard to tell what the exact nature of the problem from the picture. I would suggest checking the nutrient ppm and pH of the solution your feeding it with and check the pH and ppm of the solution coming out.

15. Where can I get a ph tester?

16. What ph should I get to water to with nutes that I am watering with? Gonna use some vinegar to decrease what can I use to increase.

17. the nutes lower your ph, so after you add them your going to need ph up after and it takes more due to the ppm's are increased.

18. Wow amazing read. Thankyou.

• Like Like x 1
  19. pH is not completely unimportant in organics, and some may argue with me about this, but it is less important. Microbes eat organic matter and shit out nutrients immediately accessible to your rhizosphere, unlike synthetic nutes bound to salts.

• Like Like x 1