PESTICIDES that WORK

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by OhioStateBuckeyes, May 12, 2012.

1. Are you able to order ladybugs internationally like usa to Canada?

2. Hello, I hope that I have chosen the right topic for my questions.
    Few days ago i ordered:
    - A tea blend made of black caraway, wormwood, nettle, arnica, which should work successfully against mites and fungi
    - Neem Cake
    - Kelp Tonic (It is obtained by cold pressing, so that all important micro-nutrients, amino acids, carbohydrates and vitamins are preserved + it is useful fertilizer to promote photosynthesis, grow and strengthen the plants)
    - Neem Tonic (the insect forgets to eat, lay eggs, fly and works effectively against rot, mold, rust, gravel, leaf stain)

My question would be which of these product should I use and in what state of growing/flowering?
    I'v would like to have a schedule of when to use which or how should i use them together.

Last year i had successful harvest but i had to use Canna cure product as prevention of powdery mildew since all of my autoflower's got PM. There was a lot of bud rot on my sativa strain created by green caterpillars.

This year i would like to step ahead of those problems and use some "organic" stuff..
    I hope someone will help me out with these products that i ordered because this is only organic product that's available in my grow shop. Peace to everybody :)

3. Hey guys, just wanted to get some feedback on russet mites, I'm having an ongoing battle for the past 2 weeks, I've been using neem oil as a foliar spray and it doesn't seem to slow them down, anyone have success using another product? Please help.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I just started using this stuff called plant therapy by lost coast. Only on my 2nd treatment but it seems to be working..

Any luck on your end?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

5. Any updates?? I thought I defeated these bastards but after not sticking to my monthly IPM I am infected again!

After a bit of thinking I've realized that ive literally had these bitches for a year. A good buddy of mine gave me a plant last spring and told me he thought it might have a problem with russet mites. last year I had never even heard of a russet mite now it's been the biggest battle I have ever dealt with.

Anybody have any ideas of what actually kills these fuckers? I've used neem. Azamax. Plant therapy. Mighty wash. Foggers.

the only thing that seems to keep them at Bay is a mix of mighty Wash, plant therapy, and a shot of rubbing alcohol.

needless to say I am no longer friends with the person that gave me these fuckers cuz they knew good damn well what the hell they were doing when they did it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

6. There's this stuff called "mite rid" that seems to be a combination of a few things.
    It can be used on the plants physically (when the lights are off I'd say) and I believe it's systemic and can be mixed into your water/feed too. Now, I haven't used it, but I hear good things. Though...if it's a long standing problem/infestation...if you can do it without losing a shit tonne...either just start over after treating the area, or let what you have grow to completion then do a big wash/clear out and pest control measures before you start again. Might just be a matter of going back to zero so you can have less of a battle on your hands.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is anyone using any strains of Beauveria Bassiana? There is a incredible strain of the fungus spore being marketed and its taking the agriculture industry by storm.
    This stuff works wonders on row crops, fruits, vegetables, cannabis, hemp, etc....
    It fights off parasitic insects. Protection against pathogens. Increases chlorophyll levels. And greater yields!
    Right now its less than 30 bucks an acre for the OMRI listed and Less than 20 bucks for the conventional formula.
    Its offered in both dry and liquid formulations.
    Not a pesticide, insecticide, or fungicide. Its a seed treatment and marketed as promoting the health of the host seed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Super interested in this..can anyone vouch? Also can you share a link or two man?

9. Has anyone ever used a product called CUH2O for Powdery White Mold control? If so, what was your dosing for a foliar spray application? I’ve found a few threads on various websites that claim great results with this product, even very late in flowering.

I’m asking because I’ve been battling PWM from about week 7 of veg on my Chemdawg OG. I’ve tried several fungicide sprays, but unfortunately I usually have a reoccurrence every 2-3 weeks after application. I’m in my third week of flowering now and the PWM has started to show up again. I’ve cleaned my grow space top to bottom several times now with a bleach solution.

I’ve also added additional fans for a total of three circulating the air in the tent. I am using a dehumidifier and my RH is consistently between 40-43% RH at all times. Lastly, I’ve carefully removed all of the effected growth and defoliate even more to increase airflow, there is literally no vegetation below my scrog line as shown in the pictures.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be mug appreciated. Thanks for the help! IMG_2465.jpg [​IMG]

10. Hello friends.
    I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere, so I thought I would mention diatomaceous earth as an excellent insecticidal remedy. Kills pretty much everything, mites, aphids, scale. If you have bedbugs you can sprinkle it on the mattress and it'll kill those, too. It comes from the ground up shells of basically microscopic shrimp and is nontoxic. The label has instructions for the amount to feed to livestock to rid them of worms, ticks, or fleas, so it's practically safe enough to eat (warning: I still wouldn't eat it).

It is applied by creating a suspension in water and spraying it to foliage and the surface of the soil.Only downside is it might leave a thin chalky residue on leaves, but a little rinse with plain old water will get rid of it. If you've got bug problems, and can't host a ladybug picnic because you're growing in your bedroom or whatever, give it a try.

11. Does Azamax kill beneficial insects ?

12. so I would like to go back to one of your posts about AVID . you list AVID as systemic and say it causes cancer. that is incorrect.
    AVID is a natural extract called ABAMECTIN . Abamectine is a natural extrude of the anti fungal bacteria STREPTOMYCES GRISOVIRIDUS .
    Avid is listed for use on vegetable and right up to harvest.
    this is mycostop .also an excellent bio fungicide. the exude form the bacillus thurenogensis bacterium is what they make Bt strain anti gnat product listed at the beginning
    Mycostop Biofungicide | Planet Natural

13. i read one article that though avid was bad because it killed marine life...well so does neem. that's its benefit .it kills things . its rhe dose that makes the poison. most things will be toxic in sufficient quantities. neem is not even registered here in Canada as a pesticide.