Perseverance rover lands on Mars

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Possuum, Feb 18, 2021.

1. You think! I am a very isolated person, but once you really think about it, I think it would be very hard psychologically. No beautiful plants and animals, no sounds of insect, bird or breeze through the trees. 7 Billion of your relatives, as you look to the sky and see the pale blue dot so far away.

The feeling of disconnect would be so strange. If it had nature like Earth, I'd go though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Looks kinda like..... well... Bakersfield lol:roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. i was at Ft. Irwin for a short time in the mid-70s. people back in FL asked me how it was there and i replied, "i fully expected to see Fred Flinstone come yaba-daba-doing around the corner at any second". nothing but rocks back in the 70's. Irvine also in the mid-80's, pre-boom. just a seemingly remote and barren harshness.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I kept waiting for the Worlds largest thermometer to flash by in that video....

5. We " lost the technology" to get to the moon, yet we can go to Mars. Sure.

6. check out the sound of wind on mars!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. With all that wind it's no wonder their civilization moved underground.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. #29 Possuum, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    i believe this to be the latest. seems interesting that with all the wind blowing there's no dust on anything. maybe there's a pit crew idk :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Well it's about time that China rips off more science from somebody else. I don't see it being very fruitful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Somebody has to windex the solar panels!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. it's got to be true lol. this is a selfie taken in 2019, by the Curiosity Rover. it landed in 2009. the rover is dusty but it looks pretty clean for having run around for 10 years on that barren dust bowl of a planet.

pia23378-16.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. if nasa and elon keep their collective shit together, we're going places boys and girls.

like literally.

in our life times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. one of the latest images from mars on SOL 31 (day 31). looks bleak. kinda like east Irvine, CA back prior to the 80's. like a place one would expect to find Fred Flinstone yabba-dabba-doing.

Mars_Perseverance_ZLF_0031_0669690707_527FDR_N0030828ZCAM05000_0480LUJ.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. the rover has dropped the drone helicopter and took a selfie with it. iirc the Ingenuity drone is supposed to fly in may.

25790_First_selfie-1200.gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1