Peace Maker 2012 - First Organic Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by papawayne, Jan 1, 2012.

1. I tried a side by side coco vs peat, same ingredients same pots same cycling time…I mixed the coco into my next soil recycling and never looked back.

2. Hey Tree,

Sorry, us old farts need clarification from time to time. Does that mean you ditched the coco-coir in favor of the peat?

Thanks,
    See ya...

3. Nah, not just coco, but Nutrafield has always been in my mix. :smoke: y

4. #3344 CarloMarx, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014

I'm thinking about cutting my still cycling amended mix with some coir for a few of my ladies and some other assorted goodies. I suppose it wouldn't be a 100% coco medium if that is what you're wanting to hear about. But it might still be worth exploring. 

5. Specifically, I'm wanting to know if there are performance differences between a coco-coir based mix and a peat based mix when using SIP buckets.

6. . Sorry, yes. I had the same strain in the comparison too, forgot to mention that. The coco plant was smaller and less flavorful, in the end. I didn't see any advantages to the coco

7. Okay...this is going out to the guy/gal who participated in my product launch and left a review under the name of "Blazed."

Blazed?

Blazed? Come on...

How the fuck am I supposed to know who you are? Who the fuck am I supposed to send the goodies to?

You must be blazed, man.

Fucking stoners.

Speaking of...I am totally blazed right now, too.

You probably can't tell, but I am.

Can't tell you blazed on what, though, because it was roaches that done me fine...maximum fineness...mostly mellow from heat to toe fineness.

Another thought...I'm going to start cloning again, so I ordered a 4 bulb T5 unit today with Superlux or something 6500K bulbs.

And you, Blaze, PM me, pronto.

See ya...

8. Haaaaa, hella funny!

:wave: BD did you get a HO fixture, I have been harassed on the porch about my light... I've been searching, and LadyP shot me a link that'll more than likely be the choice, but since you mentioned it, figured I'd ask. :smoke: y

9. Hey Smokey,

It was your conversation with Ms. Pink about the T5's  that got me thinking of cloning again. :smoking:

Yes, I got the T5-HO, electronic ballast, 4-bulb - all blue 6500K

See ya...

10. Are you sure your not Blazed and just forgot?   :confused_2:

11. Hey Tree,

Thanks for that link. It seems the slow growth of some plants in the coir was due to high EC levels, despite frequent flushing. That situation would only become worse in a SIP, where the flow of water is up, not down, and there is no regular flushing.

So, I guess a coco-coir based mix is a non-starter for SIP blades.

Kewl!

See ya...

12. Oh okay cool,
    Which brand did you go with, 4, 6, 8, bulbs?

13. The brand was Grow Crew.

4 bulbs - pay attention ^^^. :love:

See ya...

14. Ahh, I just needed to get my first "pay attention" since you've been back on the boards... of course, :love: always... even when you are slapping me on the hand. Lol
    :smoke: y

15. T5's are great! :)

Anyways... long story but my wife was tired of doing one more thing. So when she went to review a Peter Reinhart bread baking book, Amazon said 'you gotta pick a username fucker'. And she said 'fuck you' and put in 'Baked'. So if you see 'Baked' you know that's us stoners! hahahaha. She takes the cake. In any case, I'm glad we finally got a laugh out it.

16. nice…this is hilarious!   :D  :lol:

And Papa is back! Finally starting to feel like old times around here. The weirdness is back, now we just need the perversion to follow :wave:

18. Enter The HaGGard :D