Paper towel method not worked as of yet!

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SinsemillaPassion, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Yo players

2nd grow.

First time I germinated my seeds I put them in water for 24hrs and then put them in a paper towel for another 24hrs and they all sprouted.

This time around I forgot about the water method for the first 24hrs and went straight into the paper towel method. High as shit!

Now it's nearly been 24hrs and they have not changed as of yet, I added some more water to the paper towels, just a little bit, so I hope they'll sprout soon.

What do you think about this!?

I am extremely sad about it right now as I've moistened the soil set everything up ready and used my last 4 seeds in the towels.

The seeds are between some moist paper towels in a plastic tub with the lid slightly open in a slightly open draw where it's warmish.

2. I have always just used the glass of water method leaving them in untill they open 100% germ rate

I have had some seeds take 4-5 days before they should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ive had them in pt for days and nothing. Toss in seedling starter and kept an eye on moisture . Always sprout eventually

• Like Like x 1
  4. Temperature may also be a factor. It takes seeds longer to sprout when the room temperature is lower. Be patient!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks for the replys fellows. I'll be patient! Fingers crossed and hope Mary Jayne is good to me, I'm just anxious right now about it, I've got a lot going on this. I can't wait to smoke clean, organic weed again but nature is a fucker and life plays games haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. What I do, and it works every time is, put the seed in a damp paper towel, and put it in a ziplock bag. It will create moisture and humidity. Usually pops out in a couple of days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I soak my seeds in water with, ful power, until they sink and then put them in rapid rooters with some peat to cover the seed in a dome with a heat pad. 100% germination

• Like Like x 2
  8. I’m 5/5 by just planting the seed in soil, wetting it down, and putting a plastic bag over it to keep in humidity. I think we overcomplicate germination (along with most other things related to growing cannabis)

• Like Like x 2
  9. this is something i can agree with. outdoors, just drop and water and viola, simple, maybe too simple,

10. I drop the seeds in water(cup) and put them in my veg room or somewhere around 25c for 24-36 hour, give them a stir and they should drop, place them in wet kitchen roll for another 24 hours and they should germinate, keep then somewhere in dark, and warn makes the difference from my experience.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Drop them in distilled water for 24 to 48 hours then plant them! U can add them to paper towels after u soak if u want but I have almost 100% success rate soaking them for 2 days then planting them. They r almost always popped up the next morning

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Make sure u water them for
    The first time aswell with the distilled u soaked them in