Pact act

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by loopster, Mar 22, 2021.

1. On page 5,136 of the Consolidated appropriations act , there is a little section pertaining to vape products

In the past aka the Pact Act which considers any electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) an official tobacco related product, this means that even though the cannabis industry isn't using them for nicotine, we are now officially utilizing a product by definition that is regulated through multiple agencies such as the ATF, FDA, and more.

TITLE VI—PREVENTING ONLINE SALES OF E-CIGARETTES TO CHILDREN
    SEC. 601. SHORT TITLE.
    This title may be cited as the ‘‘Preventing Online Sales of E-Cigarettes to Children Act’’.
    SEC. 602. AMENDMENTS TO THE JENKINS ACT.
    (a) IN GENERAL.—The Act entitled ‘‘An Act to assist States in collecting sales and use taxes on cigarettes’’, ap- proved October 19, 1949 (commonly known as the ‘‘Jen- kins Act’’) (15 U.S.C. 375 et seq.), is amended—
    (1) in section 1 (15 U.S.C. 375)— (A) in paragraph (2)(A)(ii)—
    (i) by striking ‘‘includes roll-your-own tobacco’’ and inserting the following: ‘‘in- cludes—
    ‘‘(I) roll-your-own tobacco’’;
    (ii) in subclause (I), as so designated, by striking the period at the end and in-
    serting ‘‘; and’’; and
    (iii) by adding at the end the fol-
    lowing:

December 21, 2020 (7:54 a.m.)
    U:\2021OMNI\14OMNI\DivO-FF.xml SEN.APPRO. 2670
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    ‘‘(II) an electronic nicotine deliv- ery system.’’;
    (B) by redesignating paragraphs (7) through (14) as paragraphs (8) through (15), respectively; and
    (C) by inserting after paragraph (6) the following:
    ‘‘(7) ELECTRONIC NICOTINE DELIVERY SYS- TEM.—The term ‘electronic nicotine delivery sys- tem’—
    ‘‘(A) means any electronic device that, through an aerosolized solution, delivers nico- tine, flavor, or any other substance to the user inhaling from the device;
    ‘‘(B) includes—
    ‘‘(i) an e-cigarette;
    ‘‘(ii) an e-hookah;
    ‘‘(iii) an e-cigar;
    ‘‘(iv) a vape pen;
    ‘‘(v) an advanced refillable personal
    vaporizer;
    ‘‘(vi) an electronic pipe; and
    ‘‘(vii) any component, liquid, part, or
    accessory of a device described in subpara- graph (A), without regard to whether the

U:\2021OMNI\14OMNI\DivO-FF.xml SEN.APPRO. 2671
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    component, liquid, part, or accessory is sold separately from the device; and
    ‘‘(C) does not include a product that is—
    ‘‘(i) approved by the Food and Drug Administration for—
    ‘‘(I) sale as a tobacco cessation product; or
    ‘‘(II) any other therapeutic pur- pose; and
    ‘‘(ii) marketed and sold solely for a purpose described in clause (i).’’; and
    (2) in section 2A(b)(1) (15 U.S.C. 376a(b)(1)), by inserting ‘‘NICOTINE/’’ after ‘‘CIGARETTES/’’.
    (b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—This section, and the amend-
    ments made by this section, shall take effect on the date that is 90 days after the date of enactment of this Act. (c) RULE OF CONSTRUCTION.—Nothing in this sec- tion, or an amendment made by this section, may be con- strued to affect or otherwise alter any provision of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 301
    et seq.), including its implementing regulations.

U:\2021OMNI\14OMNI\DivO-FF.xml SEN.APPRO. 2672
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    SEC. 603. NONMAILABILITY OF ELECTRONIC NICOTINE DE- LIVERY SYSTEMS.
    (a) REGULATIONS.—Not later than 120 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the United States Postal Service shall promulgate regulations to clarify the applica- bility of the prohibition on mailing of cigarettes under sec- tion 1716E of title 18, United States Code, to electronic nicotine delivery systems, in accordance with the amend- ment to the definition of ‘‘cigarette’’ made by section 602.
    (b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The prohibition on mailing of cigarettes under section 1716E of title 18, United States Code, shall apply to electronic nicotine delivery sys- tems on and after the date on which the United States Postal Service promulgates regulations under subsection (a) of this section.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Sounds about right. Listen here, a politician will find a way to fuck you even if you close your eyes mouth and cover your ears while you sit in a chair.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Where is Dry Herb Vaporizer in all that ? ( Flower Vape ) .
    is that an advanced personal refillable vaporizer ?

4. I guess its all down to interpretation

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. what about desktop vaporizers like the Volcano ... ?? or Extreme Q ?