PA wax prices are beyond crazy

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by steadyglobbin, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Very unstable at room temp . I would keep it in the fridge and it was so much easier to work with . I loved putting just a little on the top of a bowl pack . Goodness Smoothered in awesomeness so to say lol

2. It wasn't shatter if it was unstable at room temp.

3. What ever it was it was pretty mind blowing lol ... I was told it was shatter . Let me see if have a pic . I read high tch levels can make shatter unstable at room temps . I'm no expert though . I didn't know anything about any type of was a few months back

4. I can't figure out how to post a pic in here but that's what I'm talking about in my profile pic

5. #85 Ant Dog, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438899282.277294.jpg its cold in that pic . You can use it at room temp . It's just to messy and gooey

6. That's not how it works.. terps can make it unstable, but that's in the case of fresh frozen and the like. Or rosin. I've never had fully stable rosin.
    Your oil dosn't look bad though. Good color. But I'd be worried about dabbing it if it's as "messey and gooey" as you say.

7. #87 Fang420, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
    Grow and make your own. The "best" shatter here goes for 100/g it's the hardcore og from west coast cute aka bhombline (its a strain that only the Russians have access to, since they grow it. They sell a pound for 3k here in Cali I get my pounds of dank for 1500 from the grower) apparently it's the best weed to make oil from. it's hyped up because of all of the rappers/celebs danbing it. I am more than happy with my homemade nug runs. They're selling shatter at cocaine and heroin prices. Good Material is so easy to come by and cheap that I can't see how they justify $100/g but there's people out there paying it just because wiz Khalifa is dabbing it.

8. This sounds like your dealer hyping his shit up way more than it really is.

9. Just moved to central PA wow just wow is all I have to say. I came from MI as a patient this state blows for MJ and not in a good way. So sad. Guys know of any threads for PA blades? Trying to find some blades to chill with maybe toss some discs. Surprisingly lots of DGC around here

10. dealer? nope its the dispensaries lol of course its hype. thats why i grow my own and make my own oil. i only go to dispensaries for clones and oil when im in between harvests. thats los angeles for you. ive tried some of that $100/g oil its one of the best oils i vaped but not worth the price tag. i get shatter at 50/g thats equally good and potent. but theres people willing to pay, so of course theyll sell it at that price. its all of those rich trustafarian hippies that live in venice beach that are dropping $100+a gram for shatter. hell i smoke about a gram a day, that would be a 3k a month habit for me, fuck that. im happy with my homemade stuff.

11. Here in Amsterdam it's (sadly) quite fucking expensive as well. It's been banned in the Netherlands and classed as a hard drug, and thus can't be legally sold by coffeeshops anymore. Nonetheless there are a few that still continue to sell it on the slick (as well as the instagram whores who slang their shit the social media). The product from said CS's and instagram ballers is typicall super high-grade golden, transluscent shatter; still running anywhere from 70-80 euro per gram. Other black market dealers will have decent wax for a bit cheaper at times (45-60 per gram), but still a bit pricy if you ask me. One shop recently started carrying full melt rosin (pressed from Moroccan hash) for 40 euro per gram, which isn't bad. But I learned their secret, decent grade (by Amsterdam standards) Moroccan hash, can yield a 40-50% return quite easily with the rosin tech. If I go to said coffeeshop and purchase 2 grams of their Zero-Zero hash (15 euro), I can squeeze out .8-1 g of full melt dabbable "shatter" (not all hash forms into "shatter", but this zero-zero in particular does for some reason). So at 15 euros for a gram-ish that's not too shabby at all... The trick is too fold around half a gram or so into a 25 micron screen (use just enough to cover it), and than press as hard as you can for ten to 15 seconds at 130 degrees celsius (to keep the terps and flavor profile in tact), press each wrap twice, and BAM! Dabs ready to go... So lesson if you have access to decent bubble hash, or lots of kief press it with the rosin tech and you'll be rewarded with tasty, full-melt rosin dabs.

12. #92 SuperBuenCogollos16, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
    my assortment of pressed rosins, from left to right: Super Silver Haze translucent wax, Zero Zero Maroc Hash "Shatter", Nepal Pollen Amber oil, Grinder Kief Shatter (pressed a translucent "baby shit green") but very likely the most potent of the lot (tastes BHO-ish); the tastiest/best smelling though is the SSH wax.

Attached Files: