PA wax prices are beyond crazy

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by steadyglobbin, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Id like to start this off by saying i wasnt sure what category to post this in so I hope i was correct. around where im from it gets sold for 50/60/70g all the way up for some stuff thts almost always trash. I end up havin to spend 70/80 for a g of some decent wax but anything else sizzles like crazy and i end up either havin to purge it myself after spending $60 on it or just pitch it. Its ridiculous, whats it like for all the other blades that cant grab it from dispensaries? Sorry i had to vent shitty pgh prices

2. Where I'm at we have just resorted to home made oils because the prices/rarity of dabs around here is insane. It's sad when it's more worth it to run an oz of dank for 3-5g of dabs!

Tuckerjonesisreal

3. i feel that man i started making my own with a friend back in march but most of the time i dont have the time/space/money to do a run

4. #4 CanadianOrganic, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    I don't get how people don't purge properly. Do they do it on purpose in the hopes for more yield since butane still remains or is it a mistake from stupidity?

5. I live in Maryland 15 minutes from pa. Here it's always been 30/.5 60/g.

Recently we've been seeing 25/50

The quality is getting better but I still have to turn it down once or twice before I find something decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I am in nj close to Philly, My one guy who had access to wax isn't around anymore but I had gotten it from him twice at 200 for an 8th, super expensive but it was my only option, the one type seemed really nice and the other was much darker and not nearly as good. Now I literally do not know anyone around where I live who has any access to wax, haven't dabbed in like 4 months.

7. #7 steadyglobbin, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    Surprisingly decent for $55/g for once ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418410495.921163.jpg (thats not the whole g lol)

8. We have some nice wax here in northeast PA for between 30 and 40, but i like shatter so i know how clean it is. We almost never have shatter around here, so i make my own. When i make it depending on the material it costs between 40 and 75 a g. I've never had "questionable" oil, i was offered some a couple times and turned it down, so i know it's here, but we've tried to maintain some decent connects so we see it rarely.

I guess 40-50 is pretty standard in PA then?

9. thats wierd i actually find that more than this crumble around here

10. #10 SkunkWoodz, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    I don't visit dispensaries, but I get good shatter or crumble for 75 an 1/8th

-S. Lake Tahoe

11. #11 foolmelt, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    It's really a waste of money if you don't make your own. The shatter I make costs me $30-40 a g to produce and I can sell it for $80. I've seen people pay $70 a g for black iso garbage.

12. I'm in Vancouver and it used to be around $30/g. Now that it's more popular I've noticed most dispenseries sell their quality stuff for $40/g.
    Wasn't too happy about the raise but I feel better after hearing the prices in 'murrica.

13. I live in PA too. You're right it's ridiculous right now I'm paying $70 a g for wax that would be lucky to be over 60% thc. I might have a new connect in a couple days that said his shit is pretty good and $60 a g so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that though. At least we might be able to get medical in like 6 months or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Don't feel bad, this is sold for $80 all day in florida

Attached Files:

15. Ignorance, pure ignorance.

16. My grower makes it and sells it for $20 a gram. I didn't realize I was getting a good deal. He told me in the big cities it's a lot more expensive.

17. I know of one spot in pgh where the oil is on point got homies in Homewood /Lawrenceville way but even in a med state like maine (where I live) 80 percent of the oil is nothing I'd Wanna dab I got tired of having to try and find ways or a friend to help me fix it..I can get some bomb Icewax from Time to time..love my dabs but only when done right so I feel ya pain

18. I don't understand people, if you can't find quality oil than just make your own. I have been smoking straight oil for 5 years and have never bought any. It never even crossed my mind to try and do anything except produce my own so that I know for sure the quality is to my standards. It seems peoples problem is with quality and not price. How cheap do you expect it to be when you live in a place where an oz of real headdies can fetch 400 bucks. The oil has to come from somewhere and alit of strains just don't produce a high return.

19. I wish I could make mine, but its prob just more economical for me to purchase from clinics. I can see Nug runs costing a lot in spots OZs are that expensive but trim runs are turning trash into treasure. Prior to BHO gaining popularity I knew a few growers that would either make edibles or use trim for compost. Hell the price of trim has gone up since then. I used to get trim at $5 an oz for some strait leafs and $10 an oz or premature nugs and sugar leafs. Now that shit is $20 for the shitty trim and $35 for the one with some nugs.

20. i have in the past. However i currently live in an apartment so I am not going to put other peoples safety in jeopardy. Im not a fan of the taste of iso also. So unless i get a closed loop system for a couple grand and wake up all my neighbors while running it I cannot.