Outdoor 2021

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CheapOrganicBastard, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Nice! I'm jelly your pole barn has power, mine had a single plug running out there but it was cut off by the old owner so for now I can only run an extension cord out there. I already built a mancave out there tho, bought a full mahogany bar and speakers and a wood stove and shit but I never use it. I'll finish it once I crop out and have some cash to play around with. I'm a Lil worried about getting the right drying parameters out there tho, but I'll cross that bridge when it comes. Happy Easter man, I hope you're doing well.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Will it be warm enough to dry in there?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I don't see why not, I have done it for years in a garage at my old house. I like a Lil bit lower temps(50-60°f) for drying anyways to slow the process down. If it gets too cold I can just throw a couple logs in the wood stove in there to bring it up a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

4. Man I had a similar setup before. I hand a single 15 aml breaker and 1 receptacle outside of my shop. Any power to the shop was provided by extension cord. Couldn't work in there but during daylight hours etc. Got old lol. Had to break down and spend the $2k for my meter, pole, permits etc. Then the wiring in the shop I've done all myself.

It's definitely a process unless you're just rolling in the dough lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Got the top layer of covering up today. I need to come up with a way to attach the fabric to the fencing to get the looseness out of it. Need a brainstorming session if anyone has ideas. Maybe poke 2 tiny holes and run zip ties. Also I need a door to this thing. I want to do it through the back of the barn so there's no access point from the outside. 20210404_121604.jpg 20210404_121647.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Chickens are dirty ass birds, i would not keep them in there while they are flowering; they will get dust n shit all over your buds.

Not sure how to get the fabric tight. Id be worried about wind tearing it off.

Cut a hole, frame it out, and install a door in the back of the barn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chicks are doing well. They're outside fulltime now as they've feathered. They've been outside in some colder nights the past 2 or so weeks, (40s) but made it just fine. I closed the coop off and had a heating pad they could all get on and that's exactly what they did lol.

20210411_111700.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Hell yea man. Looking good. I'm still just rocking the 4 guneas and 1 rooster. My rooster is so fucking cool, he hangs out with us at bonfires and hops on people's laps to get petted and then falls asleep. He's a real G. I love him and can't eat him now lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. It's been awhile since I updated my journal. I had a setback. My damn puppy chewed off the strings that close the exhaust hole on my tent and crawled inside and destroyed about 40 plants that were waiting to go outside. So I had to come off like 400$ to resupply some clones for outdoor. I'm so pissed. I lost my own strain I bred, and now I'm running some genetics I don't know the quality of. I'm doing some HanSolo, blue dream, superfruit, gg#4, zkittles, chemdog, LSD, and sour diesel. I plan in getting a little more variety of genetics over the next week or so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Here's the plants I'm running now. most are up-potted into 5 inch square pots with my own soil mix already. 20210507_071105.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sorry to hear about that COB. Sucks losing good genetics, hopefully everything still turns out well brada :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Thanks man. I just can't catch a break. I was giving the girls a little sun today and my daughter was walking past them and tripped and fell and broke one of my nicest clones lol I had to tape the stem where it broke in half and it's looking really sad 20210507_122333.jpg 20210507_122324.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. As long as some of the stem was still connected it should heal just fine and actually be stronger for it. Hell that will probably turn out to be your best plant. Might want to keep that plant inside for a few days by the window maybe with a lamp shining on it. You gotta remember at one point that clone was a branch that was cut off a plant and needed a couple weeks before any roots even started growing. Essentially its already been through much worse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yo MM
    Sorry to hear you had a couple setbacks, and lost your own strain...frick I'd be pissed! Usually you'd be way ahead and growing monsters, I bet you still have a huge haul, you always go big! Keeping my eyes peeled to watch da happs in your garden my broganic growholmes

• Like Like x 3
  15. Maaaannn what a weird 2 weeks it has been. I went from having the worst week ever and having to spend the night in jail last weekend to landing my dream job on Friday. I'm so excited about it. It's at the biggest indoor growing facility in michigan. It's a 35 million dollar factory thats 72000 Sq ft. The total works. I wish it wasn't all hydro but it is what it is. So pumped. My garden is pretty much all ready to plant now. Soil mix is in all the holes. I'll probably plant tomorrow or maybe even tonight. Pics later.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Maaaannn what a weird 2 weeks it has been. I went from having the worst week ever and having to spend the night in jail last weekend to landing my dream job on Friday. I'm so excited about it. It's at the biggest indoor growing facility in michigan. It's a 35 million dollar factory thats 72000 Sq ft. The total works. I wish it wasn't all hydro but it is what it is. So pumped. My garden is pretty much all ready to plant now. Soil mix is in all the holes. I'll probably plant tomorrow or maybe even tonight. Pics later.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Congrats CO, if you ain’t chasing your dreams, you ain’t living :smoke::yay:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. All the 24 girls are in ground. Not much to see yet. Final strain selection is as follows: blue dream, London pound cake, mimosa, Mr nice, lemon sour diesel, purple punch, tiki mint cookies, dead hot strawberry 14, peanut butter breath, super fruit, han solo, and gg#4. After my initial setbacks and putting out small plants, they probably won't be massive but they'll turn our pretty big and healthy. Going to be epic. Now off to get some hay to mulch this whole garden. Then I have to finish making some cages and find a better solution to attach the fabric on the walls, the wind is tearing it up already. 20210524_121818.jpg 20210524_121809.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Also an update on my birds lol. I had 4 guneas, now they are all gone haha. One got picked off by an owl I'm assuming. I put a camera on the carcass and got a pic of it coming back for seconds. One got hit by a car, I found another one dead in a field torn to shreds and one just disappeared. All within 1 week of me kicking them out the garden. I still have my rooster and he should be safe because he roosts and sleeps on my front porch. But, they served their purpose. Every hole I dug for my plants had a bunch of shit at the bottom before I added my soil mix. Would of loved to slaughter them myself and cook em up but oh well. 20210520_114130.jpg Resized_HWK_0044_167140139119858.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. 1st set of cages up 20210524_141125.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1