Outdoor 2021

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CheapOrganicBastard, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Ah God damn, so much work to do, so little time. You may know my old name, it's michganman, I forgot my old email/password. That's like 7 years of postings down the drain. Oh well, starting over. I have a new spot out in the country and it's going to be glorious. Here's where I'm at, working on setting up my fencing, and digging holes all day. The garden is 24x62 ft and I'm doing 24 plants. Lots of different genetics this year so should be exciting. I prefer a combination of inground and pots so I'm doing 30 in by 30 in by 1 ft deep holes with my own soil mix,, then atop the holes I'll have the same size planter boxes (30"x30"x12" tall) for a total of 2.5 ft 2.5ft by 2ft depth that can also grow into the surrounding ground. Should be plenty of root space for some monsters 20210311_112230.jpg 20210311_112519.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. @Chunk
    @RMJL
    Often our moderators can help with that little issue so before you get to far down the new rabbit hole.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. #3 CheapOrganicBastard, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    1 down 23 to go. I'm so happy with how this soil looks. It rained hard last night and there no water in the fence holes so it's draining really well. Also the soil looks really rich and is full of worms. That should save me some money. I'll probably only need one bale of peat moss per hole and can back fill in with this soil with compost, aeration and amendments. I think this may be an old spot where a barn use to be like 100 years ago. I keep finding super old red clay bricks in the ground. Hopefully there's decade's of farm animal manure thats been in this area, I can smell it when I'm digging. 20210311_133627.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Heya @michganman

We had a bunch of users lose their login credentials when the global Gmail outage happened back in December. I checked and you have a Gmail email address associated with your account and we can probably get you back into your original account.

I'll post your info in the back room and when @RMJL logs on and sees it, she should be able to get you hooked up. Give us a day or two to resolve this before you spend a bunch of time and work starting over.

Chunk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I have Faith in my Cannabis Overlords. LOL.
    You folks always give 110%

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Thanks for the props brother! Likewise, we appreciate all the help you give us in the community in getting our member's problems resolved.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Congrats on breaking ground! Looks like you have a lot of good old fashioned work ahead. Enjoy it and keep posting please.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. That's not it. All settings are correct. From what I understand from his post, he can't remember his old email address. I sent a PM to him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yea I have no idea what that old email address is now. I can't remember the password either lol. But I think I may have a solution. On my old phone I had it set up so it would log in automatically, so I think I can try to get my old phone working again and try to go in to my account that way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. soil looks good.all I do is add some composted mulch and organic ferts and keep the weeds away and have a layer of mulch on top of the soil then add ferts as needed,and they grow like weeds,love to see them grow outdoors

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. oh man. I'd rent some equipment for that job.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I thought about it but the ground is pretty soft right now and it's going a little easier than I thought. I work full time so I have not put much effort into it this last week but I have 6 done so far. Going to try and knock it all out this weekend.

13. I need to be dropping my seeds in water soon ,what do you plan on growing ,I know I'll do a couple blue berry auto's they stay small and blend in to the uncut area's on the property. and not sure yet what other strains yet need to look at my seeds

• Like Like x 1
  14. The strains I'm growing keeps being added to. I'm doing some purple punch, mimosa, runtz, and several different types of unnamed strains I bred a few years ago. I'm pretty stoked about the purple punch and a certain phenotype of one of my strains. Should be legit. Get those beans popped man! I had my seed plants started like 2-3 weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nice seed selection .I like uplifted and euphoric a buddy of mine gave me some super silver haze that kicks butt,I'll go look at what seeds I have on hand .I've been real busy I did get all my garden seeds started under a Mars sp-250 that are doing well

• Like Like x 1
  16. How are the holes going outside?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not bad. I have a buddy coming over today to help set all my fence posts and dig a few more holes for me, in exchange I'm going to change his wheel baring on his truck. I'll take some pics of the progress and post em up tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Today my buddy and I got all my fence posts set with cement except the end of the garden. I just decided to bury those so I could extend the garden easily if I want to in the future. 20210320_150409.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. This should be good :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. I'm thinking it will. Theres just so much still to do. Next project is finishing the plant holes off then getting a truckload of compost and start mixing soil.

Clone tent: 20210321_102523.jpg
    Seed tent: 20210321_102549.jpg

• Like Like x 3