organicterra's producer grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by organicterra, Dec 14, 2010.

1. So I'm new here. I've been lurking around the organic forum here for a couple of weeks and have learned a ton from this site.
    I wanted to start a journal to share my quest for outstanding organic medicine.

My set up is a second hand BCNL Producer grow box which houses two 400w HPS fixtures.
    I removed the tray that is used for the hydroponic set up in order to do a soil grow using 3 gal smart pots.

A little History
    After receiving my medical rec. in July '10, I visited some of the local dispensaries to try and obtain some clones for my first legal grow. I ended up with several different strains that were placed into the hydro set up in the box.
    Skip over about two months of ph and ppm and res changes and spider mites and the result was a very frustrated med patient chopping infested plants about four weeks into flower.

I knew this was not right for me.
    A couple of weeks before the disaster hit I took six or seven of the clones out of the box and planted them into a small rubbermaid tub with some potting soil I had in the backyard. This tub went under a 125 CFL grow light in a small closet in the garage.

The plants responded beautifully to the soil and got to spend their days basking in the sun during the day and under the cfl at night to keep them in veg.
    (second pic)
    I decided that I wanted to try a soil grow in the producer.
    So after taking some cuttings from the moms in the tub I left the moms outside to begin the second phase of their cycle. This was early Oct.
    The last pic is from middle Nov. about two weeks from harvest.

So that is the story behind the Moms that I am using for my current grow.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      458.9 KB
      Views:
    • 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      735.6 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      768.8 KB
      Views:
  2. So I had great success with the cloning process and had some nice rooted clones after about 10 days.
    I placed the babies into 18oz beer cups with soil. I think it was Edna's best or something like that.
    I then proceded to clean the producer top to bottom in preparation for the new cycle. I went down to the local grow shop. ( not knowing any better then) and purchased 10 3 gal smart pots, a 1.5cf bag of ocean forest, 2.0cf bag of happy frog, a 1.5 cf bag of roots organics and a small bag of perlite.
    I mixed equal parts of the different soils with some perlite and had my basic mix. Into the smart pots the clones went. They already had roots swirling at the bottom of the cups.
    These pics are a couple of weeks later after being placed in the producer.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      518.4 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      683.7 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      532 KB
      Views:
  3. Moving on...
    Here are some more pics during early flower.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      554.4 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      606.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      605.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      831.3 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      836.7 KB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      867.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Lookin' goooood. I dig that BCNL box.

5. So like a lot of you on here I am completely inspired and motivated to go full organic by the masterfull postings of one the members here. (LD) Thank you so much!

I am slowly acquiring my arsenal of organic products to try and bring out the best my current genetics can offer.

Here are some of what I have so far:

Keepers:
    Eco Hydro Fish (2-4-0.2) by Eco Nutrients
    Eco Nereo Kelp (0.2-1-1) by Eco Nutrients
    Growmore seaweed extract (0.1-0.1-1.5)
    Dyna Gro Pro Tekt
    Dyna Gro Neem Oil
    Bio-ag Ful Power
    Budswel powder 0-7-0
    EWC by wiggle worm aka unco
    Grandma's unsulfured molasses
    Sul-po-mag
    Kelp meal e.b. stone
    Alfalfa meal e.b.stone
    pumice
    perlite

Maybes: (probably do a side by side just to use some of it up)
    Fox Farms Big Bloom
    A.N. Motherearth super tea bloom
    A.N. B-52
    A.N Big Bud

6. Thanks IamSnake

It's far from ideal. But is working for me in my current situation.

7. Here are a few more shots from last week

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      626.6 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      700.3 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      628.9 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      796.8 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      673.6 KB
      Views:
  8. Can anyone tell me how to post pics in the text. I don't see the arrow the FAQ mentions.

9. So this should bring me up to date. I think these shots were taken yesterday.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      680.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      782 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      926.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      515.3 KB
      Views:
  10. Here are some pics of my makeshift mother room and nursery.
    Its working ok so far. I take the mother and young ones outside during the day to get some good ol sunshine.

Attached Files:

• 037.JPG
      037.JPG
      File size:
      387.9 KB
      Views:
    • 039.JPG
      039.JPG
      File size:
      474.8 KB
      Views:
    • 041.JPG
      041.JPG
      File size:
      674.2 KB
      Views:
    • 042.JPG
      042.JPG
      File size:
      383.4 KB
      Views:
    • 045.JPG
      045.JPG
      File size:
      1,020 KB
      Views:
    • 047.JPG
      047.JPG
      File size:
      946.8 KB
      Views:
  11. Man that is really nice. I've been eyeballing those types of grow boxes for a very long time and this will be the first time I've seen someone actually use one. Rep'ing ya and sending you a PM on your question.

good vibes and good growing. Your plants look real purdy and happy!

12. organicterra

Dr. John Faust and Dr. Ryan Zadow at BioAg are probably the finest scientists in the study of the application of both humic as well as fulvic acid. I've used their products for over 5 years for my medical garden as well as intensive research at Oregon State University's agriculture/botany/biology schools in the area(s) of SAR triggers (Systemic Acquired Resistance), the application of PGRs and mycorrhizal inoculation, et al.

It's important to remember that both of these acids can be linked (somewhat) to human steroids. Hi-dosing with these plant hormones can cause HUGE problems on any number of levels.

These acids are NOT a typical grow-store product - this is real science. Apply correctly as suggested by the label for whatever product that you're using from these folks.

HTH

LD

13. Possuum38North
    Thanks for stopping by. The box is working out nicely at the moment. I wouldn't recommend paying full price for one however. Heat and height are some of its limitations.

Cheers

14. LumperDawgz
    Thank you for the info. I have been using the Bio ag Ful Power Fulvic acid for both foliar sprays and in my nutrient solution. I've actually been using slightly less than the recommended amounts and not with every watering/feeding.
    I really don't believe in high dosing with any products.
    Would you be able to suggest a frequency of use for this product?

15. 1x per week is an uber safe level of application from my experience.

LD

16. Great, thanks.
    Is there any point in using it all the way to harvest or is it better to stop at some point? I do plan on re-using the soil.

Cheers

17. From the science that I've read and studied, combined with any number of conversations with Dr. Zadow the process that I use is to apply humic acids to the soil (for the entire grow) and then apply the fulvic acid (Ful-Power) as a foliar application and again for the entire grow.

There are 'chelation' issues that makes this the best method/process which is out of the range of your original question/query but I hold this tenet as an absolute truth - apply fulvic acids ONLY as a foliar application and humic acids ONLY to the soil.

I could bore you with the actual science and you'd probably nod off and call it a day - I know that I would. LOL

Peace

LD

18. oops. I hope I didn't just ask if you flush..lol

19. Wow, great information. So foliar application continues throughout flowering? I was under the impression that foliar spraying (in general) should stop at the onset of flowers. interesting...

20. I'm in the minority about the application of foliar sprays in flower.

That probably comes from growing in the Pacific Northwest where it f*cking rains at THE worst times. And from my time in spent in growing in Hawaii where the obligatory afternoon rain was expected and did, in fact, arrive on schedule each and every f*cking day.

You have to keep in mind that my rather limited growing skills are, for the most part, a separate reality/science from the conventional Stoner Joe talking points - like flushing. Spraying plants in the flower cycle. Etc.

Do not take any of my suggestions to heart - seek out other information for your own personal sanity if nothing else. It's certainly worked for Mrs. Dawgz for over 32 years. LMAO

LD