Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. #8241 old shol4evr, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 5
  2. I remember reading about your hugel, that's good to know about settlement, I'll definitely stay on top of compost . I'm gonna try to get 12-18" dirt on top , I feel like a kid playing in the dirt! Haha

• Like Like x 4
  3. That is quite impressive, I’m attempting something similar with a bed but it doesn’t look that good.

• Like Like x 3
  4. #8244 old shol4evr, Apr 22, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 5
  5. Just browsing around cyber space this morning and found a good PDF monthly garden guide on kellogggarden.com , I read into it a bit but will return to it today as it looks interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I probably ate way more than I should have while picking but they're soooo good fresh picked lol. Got a few yellow pears this time around but that plant is growing super duper slow.
    IMG_20210423_192628.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  7. Anyone using biobizz nutes or soil for growing any kind of vegetable? If so explain what you do

I'm no expert so I don't know if veg is OK in soil PH 6-7

• Like Like x 3
  8. Do they send alot of spam?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Not at all, it was a straight up PDF file called “monthly garden guide”. Of course they have a site too.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yum! Opens mouth waits.....

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. That sounds dirty

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. #8253 old shol4evr, Apr 25, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. I’m getting more stuff started with mixed luck. I’ve got a variety of Melon seeds, including Kajori, to get started soon. They like hot weather.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Bunch of lettuce, cauliflower and garlic. Not pictured are some broccoli, kale, snap peas, bush beans and various herbs

It's depressing being blue collar in the city, but it's definitely possible to bring nature back to where it hasn't existed in centuries. Copious amounts of compost, castings, frass, biochar and aact drenches have turned my moonscape into something more pleasing. It's definitely not nirvana like y'alls, but it'll get there eventually:)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Hi y'all, raining all day here, good for carving the clay and hardpan paths in garden .Got all the wood that's going in the hugels in. This rain should settle it good. I can't wait to see how much the holes fill up Started packing in dirt and fresh grass and whole leaves. Got cardboard soaking, togo under woodchip paths.

I've got 2 -16' x 50" hog fences that I'll be putting across from 1 hugel to the other hugel, as an arbor.
    I've got. My zukes, cukes,beets, cauliflower ,broccoli and flowers are coming along great. I'll start more tomorrow . I am beat but happy:)

KIMG3921.JPG

KIMG3922.JPG

KIMG3925.JPG

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  17. It is great to see that right beside the street. You don’t have problems with thieves or vandals? I figured you would be on a patio with an Earthbox collection.

• Like Like x 4
  18. #8258 old shol4evr, Apr 30, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 5
  19. #8259 WaldenInTheCity, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    People are surprisingly respectful around here for the most part. The garden is more of a curiosity than anything else to them. Anytime I'm out in the garden people stop by to talk... I try to be cheerful and make allies not enemies, occasionally offer up some peppers or lettuce to the old timers or kids.. They seem to love it. My method keeps the peace I suppose.. That said, it bugs the everliving shit outta me, my garden time is how I relax, last thing I want to do is spend the next hour yakking away to some person I don't know.

Thats one thing I REALLY dislike about this city.. people talk and talk and talk 87 miles an hour as long as they can hold you captive. If you so much as nod your head the receiving person will take that as an invitation to spill their life's story to you for the next three hours. New Yorkers have no concept of solotitude, peace and quiet.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good people here... but city life is, well... the exact opposite of my personality. Moved out here from a small town in Colorado and I've regretted it ever since. Met my wife here and she's a city girl, so I doubt I'll have rural life again anytime soon. Eh well, we gotta make the best with what we have I suppose.

Edit ment to quote both you and dobro, not sure what happened

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. I see a lot of aspects to city life that I would like and lived near Charlotte for a short while but I’m much better suited for the country. I grew up in a small cotton mill town but the houses are really close so it’s not private at all. I was happy to get out where I can walk out this back door and take a wizz.

• Like Like x 7