Organic Outdoor 2021

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by High Brix, Apr 1, 2021.

1. #1 High Brix, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Hello Grasscity, I'm back and going to grow some nice plants this year outdoors.

First seeds of the season are planted and I am excited for another great year!

These are the first 2 varieties to hit the soil.

1. Humboldt Seed Company Feminized Jelly Rancher
    2. Humboldt Seed Company Feminized Pistachio

I will be growing many other varieties and will make regular updates on this journal.

Here we go!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hello GC,

15 of 20 sprouts are up and looking great. I expect the others to be up within a day or two.

All seeds were started in straight Ocean Forest.

Going to start the auto flower and other seed varieties soon.

Have a good one!
    Brix

Attached Files:

3. #3 High Brix, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Hello GC,

Also, all 20 seeds were planted in soil on March 31st. Seeds were watered and germinated in the container after planting.

Brix

4. #4 High Brix, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    100% germination and the seedlings are looking great. This little girl is a Jelly Rancher.

Brix

Attached Files:

5. Hello GC,

It has been foggy the last few days with the sun breaking by late afternoon so growth has been a little slow. Today the sun is out early and sprouts are happy! Pics are one of each, Jelly Rancher and Pistachio.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. It has been foggy almost every day with late afternoon sunshine throughout the last week, and plants are looking okay but growth is not typical of warm spring days. The effects of global warming are becoming more evident every year now!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hello GC,

Weather has been great and the girls are responding. I am picking up soil today to start other varieties from Humboldt Seed Company and also picking up some new seeds from Equilibrium Genetics at Organic Greens. I will post the other varieties as soon as I get them.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hello GC,

Plants are growing well despite foggy days and both varieties have some great looking girls. Going to transplant this week as roots are spiraling around the bottom already, on most plants. Planning on going in 100 gallon smart pots for the six plants I will be growing at this location and the others will be in 100 gallon smart pots or in the ground at the other two locations.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. #9 High Brix, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Hello GC,

Just finished transplanting 6 beautiful girls into 100 gallon Geo Pots, 4 Jelly Ranchers and 2 Pistachios. Root balls were not as developed as I would have liked and a couple plants are suffering from root damage at time of transplant a little, but weather is overcast so they will be fine.

This year I am going with a more basic mix than previous years, and it will also be a water only mix.

Ocean Forest Soil
    Kelp Meal
    Alfalfa Meal
    Feather Meal
    Fish Bone Meal
    Seabird Guano
    Potassium Sulfate
    4-4-4 Balanced Fertilizer with Beneficial Fungi

I hope to transplant all the other plants by the end of next week and will update.

Have a good one!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  10. Hello GC,

My six girls that were transplanted last week had a hard time while I was away. When I left the weather was cool and cloudy and then changed to warm and sunny. Plants suffered and were heavily wilted upon return. They have bounced back since last Wednesday but would have been larger had they been watered on time. I have not been able to transplant the other girls but I hope to do so by the end of this week.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hello GC,

I was able to take off half a day and get one of the other sites ready for six more plants to transplant. Two feet of soil was removed from the bed. I then put down eighteen cubic feet of Fox Farm Happy Frog along with 300 lbs. of amendments, Worked it into the native soil and will make holes with straight Ocean Forest to plant into. Plants are getting fat and I am looking forward to transplant on Friday.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  12. Hello GC,

I was able to transplant the six plants into the amended bed and they are happy and look great.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. #13 High Brix, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    Hello GC,

I have the area ready where I am going to plant the last six girls and will amend the ground soon. The remaining plants in pots are getting huge and will really take off once planted. This Pistachio was the runt of the sprouts but has passed up the other plants that are still in pots. It is exploding with growth and is almost five feet in the pot now!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  14. I like your setup man. Looking real good you must be somewhere nice and warm to start so early in the year. Mine have only been in ground a week now, and they are about to hit their stride. I was planning on growing everything from seed this year but my dog broke into my tent and destroyed everything so I'm doing all clones. Swing by my journal sometime, I'm all organic too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hello COB, thanks and yes we have had good spring weather except a little overcast. That's too bad your dog got to your plants but it's nice to be able to get clones when you need them. I will definitely stop by your journal.

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Pulling up a seat! Love outdoor stuff

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Hello GC,

I was not able to get the girls transplanted at the third site today but hope to do soon. Here are a few pics at site number one, the site with plants in the 100 gallon smart pots.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Howzit High Brix
    Your plants look super healthy, nice start!

19. Thanks NA, yes they are coming along nicely!

• Like Like x 1