Organic Michigan Outdoor 2021

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WeedOrchard, Mar 16, 2021.

1. #61 WeedOrchard, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Mixed up 6 (*7gallon) pots so far. Here's my recipe this year:
    5 gal peat, 5 compost, 2 rice hulls/lava rock
    2 cups azomite
    2 cups kelp meal
    2 cups malted barley powder
    1 cup crab meal
    1 cup dolomite lime
    1 cup neem meal
    1 cup plant tone
    1 cup gypsum
    1/4 cup Mycos

20210407_115805.jpg 20210407_134550.jpg
    Cheers!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Good to have you along. Exciting time of year. What's the origin of those genetics? I have Runtz Muffin from Barney's this year.

3. I got the Runtz through a friend who occasionally trims for a small commercial grower. The grower allegedly got his seeds from the guys who created the strain. A few of his plants hermed so he suddenly had a bunch of feminized seeds. I grew a few last year and found a few seeds while trimming. Hoping they sprout and maybe get a couple of nice plants.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Right on. My skywalkers are bagseed from last year's skywalker. So far they are the strongest plants... Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got 12 pots mixed and transplanted. Some late night soil mixing. 20210407_213931.jpg 20210408_013532.jpg
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Looking happier this morning. 20210408_124444.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Way ahead of me. Looking good.
    Wondering if my seeds are going to sprout. Been a few days in the jiffy pots on top of a heating pad. Not seeing any action. Maybe I'm just being impatient.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks. Fingers crossed for ya.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moved them and turned them. Looks good. 20210411_004803.jpg 20210411_010653.jpg

10. Looking good. What are the green cups for?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks. Transplanted out of them. They have the strain names written on them. 12 strains, so I don't want to lose the cups before I label them

12. Added 9 worms to each pot. Got 'em at the bait shop. Red wigglers. Watered in a little kelp/humic acid. Repaired the enclosure, broadforked the rest of the beds, and turned the mulch to cover any grass coming through. Woodchips coming soon for the walkways. 20210411_162320.jpg
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. 5 out of 9 sprouted so far. I'll take it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Revenge of the fungus gnats! 20210413_124713.jpg Lost my wedding cake. Mixed diatomaceous into the top of the soil after transplant, but not into the straw mulch... Put some in the mulch now, and will get sticky traps and top dress some neem meal later. Bummer. I think I'll pop a phantom OG to replace it.

15. The rest look alright. 20210413_124704.jpg

16. Everything looks fine. Unless you are watering the root ball with like 4-6oz of water every week I wouldn’t water any extra. I’d assume you aren’t soaking all the soil. If you are that’s why you have gnats. There is nothing in the soil to dry it out except your rooms ambient air. Which won’t do anything. Also you have straw on top. Great for outside. But inside you have no roots and practically a plastic coating on top keeping all moisture in. Don’t rot your roots. And you are going yo grow bugs if you over water. The one that died could of been from additives but keep the watering light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Very true. Went light on rice hulls this year. Soaked the pots. My fault.

18. Critical Kush starting to shine. Branching nicely. 20210414_121537.jpg
    20210414_121643.jpg
    Cheers!

19. No worries. I’ve been killing my plants for a year now and just keep giving them nutes. Glad to only have one more indoor harvest after this joke so I can take a break for a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. A break for a few months is really nice. That's why I just do one big outdoor grow every year. Went no-till style to quit the nutes. Pretty much just training, some foliar w a hudson fog, and trimming, which I do by machine now. Should be cheap and easy for a long time now, with a break every winter