Old school grow advice "member cheap old basterd club"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SG1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Since were talking about my area of expertise which is dirt cheap grows, I would like to show you my plants which are grown under 8 ft t12 6500k bulbs for veg and 4500k for flower. The only thing I bought were the bulbs and seeds. everything else I salvaged from scrap metal, it ain't pretty but it'll get the job done

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. 4500K is still pretty low in red spectrum, you should at least look into some 3100K 315W CMH. Cheaper than LED and does just as good. You won't be getting that good of stuff from a 4500K flourescent bulb, I don't care how high you think it gets you it's probably 10% THC max.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Smoke is smoke it dosent have to be boujee, if I wanna grow mid I'll grow mid lmao

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hey bro I look at the "exact PH#" s, then I look at the health my plant. If it's always the right color, the plants look nice, smell nice large fan leaves are always mind blowing. It never gets old for me! Don't fix it if it ain't broke. The PH here in MD. Is nice with the public tap. I let it sit out until the stuff that's nasty vaporize. Great Gardening!!

5. Sorry to just drop in onya,
    however i totally agree with you man but its hard to treat the genetics we have today Tbh

6. Haven’t been on GC in a while, but just want to say hey, still rocking Minion City Diesel from the one seed I popped many many moons ago, still a favorite of mine.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. Already learned something new. Timing your lights to the coolest part of the day.. if they run hot and you have heating issues. Thank you! I'm new to this here growing stuff and I want to jump in, but need to save for my equipment.

• Like Like x 3
  8. There is NOT enuf clorine or cloromine in tap water to harm ppl or plants....No need to age it....30-40 yrs ago we knew NOTHING about pH adjustments....Ironically, city water puts you WELL WITHIN the ballpark when your flowering....City water is ALWAYS above neutral to treat bacteria....When on full strength Flower formula (chocked full of phosphorus ACID) it brings that city water pH into a usable range.....BUT, KNOCK ON WOOD DUDE, you could move and have pH issues BIG TIME...MANY do....You one of the fortunate whos numbers work out for you, It did for me in SOME states....FAR FROM BEING A RULE OR GOOD PRACTICE to avoid paying $12-$15 for a pH pen....YT

9. long time that I heard this one, reeeeaaaallllyyyyyyy long time like 40yrs ago, and it somehow vanished in the depths of my brain
    thx for bringing that back to me
    I am a rookie and just reporting on my first 2 outdoor autos grow (see my signature) I read and follow your thread here but just arrived on page 4 LOL when I stepped upon this saying!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah if anybody has any input on the strain of this flower would be greatly appreciated I've looked all over high and low and haven't found an answer so hopefully I'll get one here thank you very much

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cameltoe? Lol IDK sorry

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I'm east coast city water, and the alkalinity of my water is pretty high. So I hit it off with half tsp of ph down per 2 gal, and baby, I'm gravy....

13. Old school hydroponic grower here (since 1994)…well, I did attempt something in my closet in college (1986). Isn’t it great we know a secret to life?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Doing my 1st grow in my closet right now and it's gone very well the whole time. Since Christmas 2021- the beginning months of 2022 is when I started all these plants, in fact. One autoflower lemon strain in budding for a few weeks now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Any advice on how to get my autoflower lemon strain buds to the fullest?

16. I'm backing off on the water/ferts mix feeding like I've ben told, as of today.

17. Got the fox farms trio ferts too, in there, with my water feed mix along with some other shits in there too.

18. Like I wanna get my buds-colas to like this before I finish it and clip it down, trim, dry & cure it. Mine are started with lots of hairs, some turning orange the rest white and more and more sugars at the base of the sugar leafs and light green little budd startlets every day.

19. What's going on with it man?

• Like Like x 1