Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ok this has probaly been asked b4 but

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by daesniper, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Can weed be cooked in a microwave.. like can you make firecrackers n a microwave or anthing else?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. nah that shit won't work

3. Positive, has anyone done it? y wont it work?

4. 4 got sum shit about THC turnin into THA and the heat given out of the micro waves aint the right way to activate it you need a oven.. i don't remember rly, but it's along those lines.. i wonder y no one else is talking

5. oh yeah i'v tried it, does'nt work

6. damn you would think thered be someway to do it.

Any other thoughts on this people? anyone else try this?

7. it's probably because of the way a microwave works. Ovens and toaster ovens heat food by increasing the temperature of the ambient air and thus heats the area cooking the food.

Microwaves heat food by exciting the water molecules in the item making them vibrate. The vibration creates heat which cooks the food.

So what I assume is that because you need the THC to bind to fat, you don't want the water particles in both THC and FAT to heat because there's no control. It'll get too hot before it binds to the fat which will eliminate the THC.

8. probably cuz the title of this thread makes it obvious he didnt search before making this thread:rolleyes:

just use the oven.

9. Still live with mom, using the oven wont work :/

10. Ive tried it. put it in for a min and a half, it worked better than when i cooked it:smoking:

11. ya i've heard of people saying it worked..

even if u live with ur mom u are never even home alone for 20 minutes? firecrackers don't smell at all...i even tested it at my friends house b/c i was skeptical and if there is any smell its just peanut butter

12. It wont work, like a toaster and a oven heat the air next to it and keep it compressed. A microwave converts electricity into high frequency microwaves, It just wouldn't work at all.

13. itll work...90 seconds on med-high and it will work lol..microwaves still cook, just from the inside out. Either way the THC is realeased and caught in the fat of the pb.

14. I've done it and it's gotten me the most stoned I have ever been from any edibles.

15. tried it, done it, works. I just like the oven better, i think it cooks it a little better and when i nuked it my crackers got a little soggy.

16. ok guess im just gona have to try this for my self

im assuming you still make the firecracker the same way as far as ingredients but. wat about the time and power my microwave should be set?

17. leary biscuits google it do that instead of pb

im not saying this because of expeirience but im just guessing that the pb will get oily and go everywhere

18. yea i was actualy thinking about using bread n making like one of those uncrustable things uk?

so i was thinking 2 pieces of bread pennut butter some weed put it all togeather then cut the crust off n use a fork to press down and seal the edges so hopefully it doesnt run out ^ ^ then microwave

wont be able to try this for a lil while still but hopefully this works :)

19. what if u heat up the peanutbutter in the microwave then put ur herb in it?