ok, im going to try this out

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by euphoria526, Jan 24, 2021.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here we are day 65 of flower.
    I’ve been watering with plain ph’d tap for two weeks today, I gave a heavier flush of 2g ph’d tap @6.4 ( they loved that ph their whole growth) and washed out the soil till it was less brown and more clear.
    They are in darkness till Sunday when I plan on chopping and hanging in the tent. I know one of them might look pre mature, but it has been for the sake of the better plant overall. It also had mostly, if not all cloudy trichromes. The good looking gal has tons of amber on the sugar leaf and everything I saw underneath that skirt of leaves has been MILKYYYY. and very very green, in a good way.
    Need to get me some quart mason jars for curing. Hoping I can get that this weekend. Probably start trimming after a week. Just depends on if I can maintain the proper environment.

I need some suggestions to keep humidity in the tent at optimal levels. My cheap ass humidifier only has a timer setting and not an RH setting, so it WILL fluctuate.
    Base rh now is about 35-40% and the temp will most likely get into the mid 80’s as it has been.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Today is full day 2 of hang drying. Cut down Sunday night.
    My nighttime temps seem to be around 75°f and rh%50
    Daytime is a bit high at 80°+/- and Rh around %40’s.
    Not the best conditions but not the worst conditions. Still smells sweet and tasty. Can definitely tell smaller buds will be larf, but hey it’s my first run, gotta start somewhere, right? plus they can be the samples when I get impatient.
    Crazy ass work schedule this week, so hoping to be able to trim, jar, and start the cure this weekend.

Now, random ass question.
    I put water into my ‘drip trays’ (quotes because they are makeshift lol) to help with humidity. Lights are off of coarse for this, is the heat enough to help the water evaporate to the air, or is they something that light +heat produces at a faster rate?
    I’m not turning the lights on, but does having water in the tent help when the heat gets up there?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yesterday I took one of the plants down from hang drying after 7 days. The other one still feels moist to the touch so I’m going to revisit that one in the next couple days and hopefully get to chop and cure that one soon.
    This is the better looking of the two plants, it felt nice and crispy to the touch, with firmness when squeezed. Lost most of the hay smell through drying and my fingers smell fruity like when it was flowering, I’m taking that as a good sign. Also, super sticky to the touch. I weighed everything at once and got 41.2 grams, separately I got a little lower weight. But I’ll have to re weigh it again after the cure and see if anything changed. I’m not too bummed as this was my first grow and it looks promising, so lots to learn from in general. I have a bit of larf and small buds I’m going to save for my buddy with a magic butter machine, and make some candy or something after I trim the other plant this week. Not planning on curing the larf, unless you guys think I should.

• Like Like x 1

4. You can cut them into jars right when they get crispy to touch.
    You want to get a hygrometer to detect RH % in jar when you jar them up. I’ve utilized this method for years with great success.

Per SimonD on RIU - as he deserves the credit for this stellar method

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic. Read below:

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won't be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you're curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it's likely too moist.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had a feeling they were getting a little too dry lol it’s this damn work schedule of this new gig, could have done it a couple days earlier if I wasn’t being worked to shit right now. I trimmed the other plant up and seems to have evened out around %55 in the jar. The jars I put up yesterday are now reading about %50 :/ so I might have over dried them during the hang :/

6. Try to keep the jars closed until perhaps you maybe get a boveda 62% RH pack?

I usually don’t use packs anymore unless storing a good amount of weed since you basically can utilize the moisture within the nugs to achieve the target RH%.
    HTH

• Like Like x 1
  7. I forgot about those packs! Thought at one point they take either flavor or smell out. But the jars themselves have managed to get slightly higher in RH. I trimmed and jarred up the other plant and that was at around %50/53 ish I’d say. I’ll keep an eye on them all and report back. Might end up getting a couple of those packs though and try em out

• Like Like x 1
  8. #49 euphoria526, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Just ordered some size 8 %62’s. Should get in tomorrow, gonna throw one in a jar and see what happens!

• Like Like x 1
  9. This morning I added the 3rd light bar to the setup. Got it running, now I plan on wiping most of the interior Down with h2o2 and tap water. End of this week I’ll probably germinate 6 -8 of the slymer x wilson seeds. Should be getting the sex testing kits this week also and get them in time to use them.

Should I start a new thread for that one or continue in this thread here?

IMG_1874.JPG
    IMG_1881.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Keep this thread going man.

excited to see the next run. Slymer is a personal favorite in this household.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good to know! Any tips for growing the Slymer? I’ve never smoked it before but what I’ve seen the bugs are big, green, with purple hues and it’s supposed to be really citrusy tasting.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Never grown the Wilson but if it’s more slymer leaning, she’ll definitely love the extra feed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hoping the Wilson trait are mostly trichrome development and/or possibly some fruity pheno’s

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. IMG_1918.JPG

OK! Starting the germination on some more plants last night, Slymer x Wilson, soaked 8 seeds in URB Natural for 45 min, then put the into a soaked and squeezed paper towel. The idea is to get at least 4 females, I’m going to be using the farmer freeman’s ez xy testing kits to determine Sex at an early age so I’m not wasting anything on males. If I have more females than I can handle, I might post those up later!
    Ok this run will be grown in Royal Gold Tupur mix, with Jacks 321 for nutrients. I’ve never used URB, so I’m trying it out, I’ll probably alternate microbes between URB and recharge once a week. Mostly because I still have a bunch of recharge.
    I think I have the seedling thing down, just needed to see it grow firsthand (last grow), so I might have better luck this time with Jack’s.

Any questions comments or constructive criticisms, please let me know!!

15. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Plan:
    Medium:Royal Gold Tupur coco mix
    Nutrients: Jacks 3-2-1
    Strain: Slymer x Wilson
    Tap water

Allllllright!!!! So after about 48 hours +/- soaking in a paper towel I had 6/8 showing taproots, so I decided to plant them in their solo cups this morning, not sure when I’d get home from work so I did it sooner. I figure since people plant directly into mediums that I’m not going to worry about the two not showing roots. So I ph’d some water to 5.8 and sprayed them down a bit and put some ziplock bags on for humidity, I’ll take them off as they start to poke out of the coco.
    Wish me luck, last time I tried coco I killed seedlings, hoping I get it right this time. If I can guide someone who’s never done it to success, I should be able to do it too, right? Lol

16. So, woke up yesterday morning and saw 4/8 popping up out of the coco, I’m taking this as a good sign. Going to start with some Jacks in the next couple weeks, at some point. I want them to grow a little more first, but I want to get it wet with some food too!!

[​IMG] IMG_1957.JPG

17. Woohoo! So, this morning, two more little seedlings pop their heads out of the coco!!!
    So that is 6/8 seeds popping u now, hoping the other two will be right behind them, as when I was germinating them there were 2 they had not cracked yet, so I’ll keep up with them for the next week or two and see if they pop, I’m just watering when I notice them looking dry on top of the coco.
    Also under a fellow member’s advice I probably won’t feed them for a little while, I’d rather not wait till they show deficiency though, so maybe when they get to a certain height. Not trying to force them, just give them what they need when they start needing it. Those who I’ve followed and guided using these nutes in coco have started from as early as seedling to finish with no big issues, plus with my last run, the cotyledon’s didn’t turn yellow before fan leaves for showing signs of deficiency, BUT, different strain, so different needs!

IMG_1959.JPG IMG_1960.JPG IMG_1961.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. Don’t feed until you see the cotelydons start to die off. Some seedlings will be packed with more nutrients than other seedlings cotelydons IMe.

But as your family member suggested, play the deficiency game instead of the overfeeding one and you’ll always win. If it looks like it’s deficient, soak it with a light feed. Usually they will respond immediately.
    At any rate though; keep it up :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  19. It was a forum member who specializes in coco grows.
    So far it’s been about 9 days and they are looking pretty good so far. Maybe a little light, gotta feed them again soon ish