Ohh Eff's Re-awakening, YODA's Bubble Buckets unknown strain

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by OlderFart420, Apr 10, 2021.

1. #1 OlderFart420, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Hello and Welcome to my new grow. It has been about 6 years since I have been able to grow, however with the passage of recreational use in my state they also now allow up to 6 plants to be grown legally. Landlords cant kick me out now nor do I need to worry about having to shut down a grow due to walk through inspections. With that said, I paper toweled about a dozen seeds of unknown strain that were about 8 years old kept in the fridge the last week of February. Had 5 that germed lost one putting them into rock wool cubes and then lost another when they went into the buckets after the roots had dropped. So running with 3. A link to Yoda's bucket thread Yoda's Recirculating bubble Buckets Here are a few pics...
    20210409_185638.jpg 20210409_185656.jpg 20210409_185714.jpg 20210409_185731.jpg 20210409_185749.jpg 20210409_185836.jpg 20210409_190004.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well, your landlord can tell you that you can't grow in your rental the same way they can tell you not to smoke in a rental. it's their property, they own it, you rent it and follow the rules.

looks good though, best of luck man.

i'll follow along :)

3. Glad to have you along. No promises on how this will turn out. This land lord cares only about the monthly rent. He owns the property next door (a single family home converted to 4 apartments). There are at least 2 people on that property who are dealing hard shit, he knows but does nothing. Dont think I have much to worry about with him especially with the new laws in place.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi!
    I'm just getting back into growing after a long break. The apartment I was living in got to be a pain in the ass with its changing hands and management companies. Long story short, my lease was up and I had a chance to house sit for six months. With virtually no expenses I was able to sock away a lot of cash. Moved north and bought a home. No more landlords to harsh my buzz!

I ran almost everything from CFL to T5s, to HIDs, to burple LEDs, in soil, and DWC. Got the best results with the DWC buckets. Each one standalone. I did have some heat and space issues which likely hurt my yield. Still got lots of good tasty bud.

But now that things are recently legal in what I suspect is the same state as you, I'm starting fresh with all new gear. This time I'm doing a four bucket RDWC, assuming it's easier to just have to work with one reservoir bucket. I hope that's correct.

Also my beans are old AF as well. Glad to see you had an okay germ rate. I'll be putting a bunch of mine in the starter cubes later today.

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Welcome, I am by no means any kind of expert. I just followed Yoda's DIY thread (see link in first post) including nutes.
    My system using four 5 gallon buckets and about a 18 gallon tote for the res. Running right at 25 gallons at one inch below the net pots. Hoping to upgrade to 6 buckets on the next go around as well as new lighting, but time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well its been a couple of week so time for an update. Did a 10 gallon add back with with 60ml of big bloom and 40ml of grow big. Increased ppm's from 640 to 760. Here are a few pics of all 3 with white light only this time. Would have updated yesterday but kept getting a security error when uploading. 24 hours after these pics I topped them. Although one is already getting real bushy on its own. Really thinking the tall thinner one is a male. Whats you all's thoughts.
    O F

Attached Files:

7. Where did you find those trays you're using under your buckets?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I picked them up at a local growers supply store several years ago. Was growing in soil using those cloth bags and the trays kept all the water contained.