Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. The birds of Baltimore put up 17 hits and scored 11 on the Red sucks to go 3-0 on the season. I know last place belongs to us. We are a very young team with a strong farm system. For now let me enjoy this. :smiley-rolling-joint:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Go Birds! Fly right to NYC, for an early showdown. We dont want to end up like the sux.

3. Don't worry you won't.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. As a kid, I was into all baseball players, and played many a 'game' based upon players stats. The O's pitching staff was always one of my fav's, Palmer, Flanagan, Mcgregor, Martinez, who am I missing? It was a golden age, and not just for baseball ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. In 1968 my dad took me to see the O's vs NY to watch my hero Mickey Mantel. I'll never forget that night. Later in that game a foul ball came just behind 3rd base line three rows where we were sitting. Brook Robinson gave chase. The ball was hit just behind us where I saw him up close. I was 13. Brooks and Frank Robinson were gods to me. Baseball in Baltimore was was great. We were spoiled as fans. 4 world series in 6 years. Those days are gone for now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Here's a throwback to one of the greatest double plays in history.

Buck Martinez gets a double play with a broken leg. It's legendary in Blue Jays land. He breaks his leg on the collision at the plate, then throws to 3rd attempting to throw out the runner, but it gets away (error on Buck) and the runner goes home, the left fielder throws home and they get the 2nd runner.

Even after this, Buck was never in favor of the slide rule at the plate. He was still a big fan of the body checking ;)

7. Tonight the Birds are going to hell to play Satan's team.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Al Bumbry, Denny Martinez, awesome players. Those O's teams were fun as shit. Gritty, hardnosed ballplayers all around, that is why they won games. They wanted it more than their rivals.

Now, nobody wants it. These ballplayers are shadows of their predecessors, treated like china glass from age 14. No work, no fun, only baseball. My rents tried to do it to me, baseball 24/7. I was a touted hitter/fat fuck(Think Steve Balboni! :))), so I rebelled. Glad I did, That amount of money would not have been conducive to me living very long ;)

In full disclosure, i interviewed with the head coach at college. I knew I was better than anyone on the team, by a shot, and did love the game.

The dickhead coach told me they had a very expensive recruiting program, and that even if i outperformed their stud, i still would not make the team. Somewhat steamed by this, I engaged in more rebellion, :O

• Like Like x 1
  9. The O's have the worst owner in baseball by far.

10. The fans were throwing trash cans on the field at the Astro's game. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  11. I got a new love for the Angel fans for that one

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. Some great day baseball today

Tigers fought hard to beat out the twins in extras.

Also side note, the man on 2nd rule in extras is fucking dumb

Braves bats finally woke up but still took the L with a Nats walk off

Minus the 1st, straight pitching dual all the way until the 9th when Correa smacked that game winning homer for the Asstros

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. They're still doing that shit this year? Good grief. :rolleyes:

14. Dude I hate it. Might as well play with a mercy rule, or aluminum bats

Or how bout this, let’s go full blown little league and play 6 inning games

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Yankees need to move Jay Bruce the FUcK out of 1st base.

16. Yeah the Phills won with the aid of that rule the other day n it pissed me off

Thankfully it's not in play in the postseason or so I've heard but it'll definitely play a part in which teams make the postseason , obviously

Hopefully it's removed next season

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I know right. They're the creme of the crop and they're playing softball rules :confused: :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dodgers/Padres game is great

19. Jays are playing a double header today. 7-inning games :bang: