Nute burn... is it?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Chokity, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Hello everyone,
    I'm new in this website, and in the whole growing experience, this is my third grow. Also, spanish is my native language so forgive my grammar please.
    I'm currently growing 3 Lemon Og Candy from Philosopher Seeds, and i'm near the end of week 1 of flower. They are in a mix of 80% happy frog and 20% ocean forest in air pots. They have been topped twice in veg and i have fed them with TopCrop nutrients and everything has been fine so long, the temps are fluctuating in the range of 73-82 f, and the rh has been a problem to keep higer than 40%. Even though, as a say, everything was fine and they seemed happy.
    So, last week i made the switch to flower as i saw that the new nodes were no longer simetric and i heard that means its mature. Last 2 grows i had problems with clawing and dark green colors and awful yield, so i thought that the topcrop nutrients i was using maybe had too much nitrogen, so i bought the sensi bloom a+b and BigBud by AN. The same day i made the light switch i watered them with 3 litres of water and 4 ml of sensi A and 4 ml of B. The label says im supposed to use 4 ml/L but that would have meant 12ml of each and that just seemed too much for me so i just gave them 4 ml of each. As it says it is "ph perfect" i didnt adjust it but i did check and it stayed in 5.9 ph, but i assumed it would stabilize later in the soil. Next day i found one of the 3 plants had most of the leaves clawing and very dark green colors, and it does not look happy. The other 2 plants i only found 2 fingers clawing out of all leaves, colors seem fine. So the questions:
    Why is this happening if i gave 1/4 of the dose? Should i give her only water until the plant gets better colors? The other 2 plants only have 2 fingers clawing so should stay at the same dosage or go even lower? Week 2 im supposed to use Big Bud, will it hurt them? Should i flush all 3? Help pleaase!!
    Thanks in advance everyone!
    P.S. the most affected one is the plant on the left in the image i uploaded.
    P.S. 2: light is 600 watts LED at 25 inches from canopy, plants are 15".

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. A picture might help. But here is what I think. From your description is sounds like nitrogen tox. You're sure it's not over water and heat. From what you say your temps are alright (although the 10 degree flux isn't ideal but that's irrelevant to this conversation and another matter). Leaves are not yellowing and at 25" from plant it shouldn't be light burn.

So again, based on what you're saying, very dark green leaves and clawing, nitrogen tox. You may consider flushing. You do want to stop feeding for now.

You are also asking how did this happen? May have been a buildup in soil, which flushing may resolve. It is likely that your plant will recover. Those leaves are done and won't come back but you will have new growth. These plants are survivors, they'll come back.

This piece of advice you didn't ask for but from my experience, if it were me, here is how I would proceed. I'd stop using the nutes you have. Go out and purchase some run of the mill balanced liquid organic fertilizer (hardware store). Doesn't have to be bloom, just regular organic all purpose plant food. When you begin to feed again after some recovery takes place, give small amounts of the organic nutes and see what happens. If results are good maybe give a little more next feed. There is nothing wrong per say with the nutes you bought. I know you said you only gave .25, but, your plants might not like them, probably too strong. You can keep using it, but my advice is abort the advanced nutrient stuff and go with a more mild approach. Remember, these plants don't get bombed with N like that in the wild, and really there is not need. In all my grows I've never had a harvest that suffered because of too little nutrients, I have only had problems resulting from supplying them in too high a dose.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Turn the led off and take a pic with white lighting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I meant...a better picture might help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Need a better pic!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. as the others have said looking like to much N ...and also your soil/potting mix looking really dry ..so just give water,lay off the nutrients just give water couple times in stead of feedin nutes,,mac,

7. This dude will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. This may seem nuts, but I have a friend that has been growing indoors and outdoors for years. I’ve learned quite a bit from him and it sounds like you need to lay off the nutrients. If I were you I would give this a try:

Like a said this may sound Loco, but I give you my word it will not harm your plants. This will help give oxygen to soil as well as stabilize you plant and stop it from burning.

Get a bottle of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and some Good clean h20 a spray bottle and you regular water jug etc.

Listen carefully, in your water jug; dilute 1-1 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. This is for your soil, around your plant; do not allow this mix to touch your plant.

Water your soil as needed for THREE days or until your plant starts looking better.

In the spray bottle dilute 1/100. You can spray this mix onto your plant.

——-

Within a week you will see a huge difference.

If you need to do more research and have second guesses about using Hydrogen Peroxide on your plant. Send me a message and I can give you some reference links.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Reported

BL

10. regardless of deficiency or toxicity ther is only one answer.
    make s fresh solution and water through pushing out the old solution. take a reading of the old solution for ec.
    waste or RUNOFF EC SHOULD never be above 50 higher than input.
    800 Input 1200 output.
    if it is higher tha. 1200 good chance of either over fertilization or nutrient lockup .
    the important things is to replace the old possibly unbalance with the new fresh 12 minimum minerals. N P K Ca Mg S Fe Mn B Z Cu Mo .
    the bottle is correct. 4 ml or liter of EACH bottle .
    the reason it is in 2 or 3 parts ( it only needs to be in 2 ) is to keep the calcium away from the phosphorus or it will form water insoluble calcium phosphate and lose both out of the solution.
    they are ok in the solution as long as they are not mixed in CONCENTRATION.
    Any complete 12 mineral feed formula is fine as long as it contains ALL 12 minerals.
    there is no other fix regardless of toxicity or deficiency.
    it only will cost the price of a few liters of made solution to check.
    you should check feed ec .if 5iu dont have a meter then take some made solution 5o th4 store where u bought them. they should be able to quickly test. once you know how much ec 4 ml a liter will be it will not change unless you change formula