No legalization for NY state again.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by TimJ, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Is New York trying to be like Kentucky?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Allow me to introduce you to Mr. Newson lol

3. Even is they pass the bill, it's going to take years in NY for anything to happen, and the taxes on it will be sky-high. I will probably make my occasional weed purchases the same way I've always done it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yea, it will take time, just like with everything in this movement but if they remove or quit enforcing the harsh criminal penalties that would be super. I’d give anything for decrim measures in this drug war state I’m in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'll be happy if they leave me alone to grow a few plants in my home. Focus on real criminals not poor folks that need CHEAP medicine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Couldn’t agree more man as being a felon for a hobby is a pain.

I’m reading stuff about the deal being all but signed and done there in NY so you may have some bright clear sky ahead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. They don't give a shit about you or anybody else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. It looks like the micromanaging democrats of our state will keep us waiting until June of 2024 before we can legally grow.
    Lawmakers in the state Assembly and Senate will vote on it as early as next week. If it passes, legal marijuana could be sold in licensed dispensaries as soon as December 2022.
    Does the bill let me grow my own legal weed?
    Yes, green-thumbs can legally cultivate up to six marijuana plants each, or a dozen total, per home. But, under the bill, they must wait at least 18 months after the first dispensary opens, according to the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle.
    So we still need to wait until June of the year 2024. This seems like a bullshit clause. I'd like to know why they think it's important to continue to punish NY state residence.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Today may be yours @TimJ , i hear the vote is close.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Let's hope so. The news channels, both local and world news are reporting differently then the last proposed bill stated. They claim as soon as the bill is signed we can grow. I would love that. I actually have my first LEGAL line up all ready to drop.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Folks are saying the same on the Phish forum. It would be great if it took effect immediately. I mean why not? If it’s legal, it’s legal. I recall reading that just after the Colorado vote, there were a few cop agencies that went on a tear busting people before the law took hold. That’s just silly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm sure I've been watched since I was busted. So, not doing anything until it's legal. I like all my new equipment to much to give it all up,again. Organic sinse said when Alaska went legal grow at home was there at day one. It's the dispensaries that are still an issue for them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MLK said injustice anywhere is threat to justice everywhere. I pulling for you bro.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Badda bing, Badda boom. 40-23 CONGRATULATIONS BROTHER TIM

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sounds good @dobro49 , Just hope it included home grow starting tomorrow.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. I was on the Phish board again and they seem to think it’s immediate. It would sure be worth checking into. Heck, I’m excited and it’s still a felony here. This is big for the whole country tho for reasons I’ve harped on here already. SNL is gonna go nuts on this Sat night.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. I agree, this could be the turning point for rescheduling on the federal level. Or, at least the beginning of open discussion on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Not with Biden bitch in office

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. That would seem very stupid. But, then again look at the ones writing the bill. We can only hope for the best.

• Agree Agree x 3