No legalization for NY state again.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by TimJ, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Today Governor Cuomo confirmed it’s unlikely that marijuana legalization will be included in the state budget that has to be passed tonight. Remember when this liar guaranteed legalization in 2019 if he was elected. Then he gave us his personal word it would pass this session. Then, just 15 days before this virus hit he said it will pass this session. The only thing this scumbag can actually guarantee is we will be arrested if we grow and or consume marijuana. I never trusted this crook and still don't.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. And you know when a politician is lying?

When his mouth is moving

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Not only is your state ran by a governor' who's last name shouldn't be coumo but
    Rather cunt, but he is a liar as well.
    That's not really a winning combination in my book

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Yeah but u know the dumb shits in that state will vote em back in.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. It's the people in his sanctuary city that vote him in. The rest of the state doesn't really have a say in the elections.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. They call the election when one of the Burroughs reports. The rest of the state, minus buffalo, Syracuse, and Rochester are as red as they get

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I just want it legalized with the right to grow and don't really care what party line misuses my tax dollars.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. We’re going to be so broke, he kind of needs to legalize it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. If he needs an excuse to legalize that's fine with me. Whatever it takes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. He could just legalize whore houses for more revenue.. roflmao
    oh wait, they would probably pass a measure like that...my bad

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. #11 garrison68, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    I live in NYS, don't like Cuomo, never did, but he's doing OK with the unbelievable massive task of handling this Covid-19 crisis, and New York is the epicenter of the virus. I can't blame his administration for failing to legalize, at this time. There is no excuse for it being illegal, in New York, other than Cuomo, who has opposed legalization until 2018, and the shitkickers upstate who are very conservative.

In the meantime, I'll get it the way I've always done, from the underground. If it ever does become legal in NYS, it will no doubt be taxed so high that I'll probably forgo the legal stuff and get it from the dealers, who will no doubt provide it at a better price, with delivery as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. If you recall last session. It was rockland and suffolk counties that stopped it from passing. Both down state counties.Cuomo had toured california,colorado and a few other states I can't recall to see how their grow and legalization laws worked. 15 days before this hit he again made his promise of this passing. As far as this crisis is concerned. Not legalizing will further spread corona as more people are out of work and can freely travel to Mass. for legal weed. I don't think he is doing a very good job of it at all. I have friends that work at Albany Medical Center. And guess who is sending patients from NY city to fill our upstate hospitals this morning. It will be on the local news as they said all the news vans are outside. He's NOT testing upstate either. Until it's to late and we show symptoms. I don't see any of his moves as proactive or helping this virus from spreading in any way at all. If anything he is causing it to spread faster. JMO though.

13. Well thank you for that information, but I don't blame him for not being able to test enough people, they don't have enough resources, that's the main problem all over the world. The best way to contain this, at this point, is to follow the guidelines. The worse New York City gets, with this virus, the worse the outlying areas will suffer, as well. New York is like a ghost town, because people are cooperating. The ones that fled, the very wealthy, to the Hamptons, etc., are putting others at risk.

As far as the weed legalization, we can't open up dispensaries right now, anyway. I'm sure that once the dust settles, in the not-too-distant future, there will be a new push for legalization, to help crate jobs and taxable revenue.

14. Thank you for your thoughts on this crisis.Let's hope before we die of old age in prison for consumption or growing a plant that it passes in NY state. As you stated. Maybe, after all this blows over we can be taxed to death for a human right we should have always had to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 old shol4evr, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hell here in Virginia ain't heard nothing else about the decriminalization measure being passed....hmmmm.....

• Like Like x 2
  17. I'll respond to you folks later. Forgot to shut computer down. Making biochar today.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 old shol4evr, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yum Corn Bread

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yum Corn Bread

• Like Like x 2