Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New January 2021 Granny's List

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Storm Crow, Mar 20, 2021.

1. You have questions about cannabis? My List is where you'll find the answers!

In keeping with the general chaotic trend of 2020, this year’s editing job of the List, was a total nightmare! An amazing number of recent abstracts have become full studies (necessitating editing and moving them around), and in the last 3 years, the number of studies on cannabis, the cannabinoids and the endocannabinoids has sky-rocketed. Then, while checking the URLs, I noted that the older http links were being replaced with the new https, so all of them needed replacing – which meant just about everything before 2015, and quite a few of the newer studies. And with over 6,000 pages of studies to edit, it’s taken me a lot longer to get everything in order.

I am beginning to think I may not be able continue sending out the List twice a year. It’s just becoming too much work, so it it may be just yearly Lists from now on. I’ll try to get a July List out, but I’m not sure it’s possible. Checking the links used to take a week or so, but now it is literally months of dull work, endlessly checking links.

Then there is Covid. Now, the lockdown didn’t changed my life too much, I was “halfway a hermit” already. My eldest son began doing all the shopping for me, and I was no longer able to spend my Saturdays at the dispensary educating folks . Other than that, my life went on pretty well as normal, but there was always that nagging bit of Covid-related stress in the back of my mind. Being a 73 year old type 2 diabetic, a cannabis smoker for over 50 years, and a just tad overweight, Covid could be a death sentence for me, so I’ve been very careful and rather reclusive.

However, I got my second Covid shot last month, and I just spent my first Saturday at the dispensary- well masked and gloved, of course. The vaccine gives me 95% protection, but that still means there’s a 5% (1 in 20) risk of contracting Covid. So I’ll be wearing a mask (with a cannabis leaf print) and staying home 6 days a week, until “herd immunity” sets in. Luckily, my county has a small population, so there aren’t that many to vaccinate.

Speaking of Covid, there is a new section on it in the “Latest” segment of this year’s List, and another section on Covid’s social effects. Since THC and CBD apparently can slow down the “cytokine storm”, I’ve added a section on cytokines. And there is a scattering of new topics like Chemo/ Covid brain fog and Caretakers. After you download a segment, you’ll have to click “Contents” on the left side to get the index for the List.

Dropbox - GSCLJan2021Latest.pdf - Simplify your life

The studies from “2010 to 2014” have their own segment in the List. I keep adding interesting studies as I find them,no matter what their date is. There is a lot of good info in the older studies, so don’t ignore them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4u6p4c7fac1s3wa/GSCLJan2021, 2010-2014.pdf?dl=1

The “News” segment is not just for beginners, although it is a good place to begin your cannabis education. If a interesting study has only an abstract available, there’s often a news article that will give you more details. The news articles give everyone a quick and easy way to learn more. After the “News” is a “Mini- dictionary” to help you through the studies. Once you know what those new words mean, it is far easier to understand the study. That is followed by two sections on the older studies , “2000 to 2009” and “Pre-2000”(some date back to the 1800s). These studies are the foundation for all our newer studies, and they are usually easier to read.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6e8lsfmr...ews, Dictionary, Pre-2000, 2000-2009.pdf?dl=1

The last segment has the studies focusing on the plant cannabinoids, “Phytocannabinoids”, then the large “Endocannabinoid System”, followed by a smaller section on “Endocannabinoid Genetics”, and finally, those often dangerous “Synthetic Cannabinoids”.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3wg64y0nantyyg/GSCLJan2021,Phytos,ECS,ECS Genetics,Synthetics.pdf?dl=1

I strongly encourage all of you to share my List (or even just the news segment) with your friends, relatives, college students and medical professionals. You can get on my mailing list to get free updates of my List by sending an email to grannystormcrow@gmail.com .

Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for full legalization becomes obvious. The truth about cannabis has been ignored and hidden from the people for far too long. And like my Grandfather once said, “If the truth won’t do, then something is wrong!”

Granny

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Just thought you guys might get a giggle out of this. :laughing:

Some of the emails I send my List to are obviously businesses, so for a heading, I use "Granny's List", just in case it isn't the boss who is getting the email. There is only one small problem with using that heading- I "hunt and peck" type and I have to be very careful not to type in "Granny's Lost" :huh:, or even worse, "Granny's Lust"! :eek2:

Granny :wave: (and now back to sending out 2,000 emails, one by one. )

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hey granny, first link to the simplify your life but the rest download and won't open? Any idea what I'm doing wrong thanks

4. I just opened the Phytocannabinoid section from the link above and it loaded and opened just fine. :confused_2: I had to click the "open this with" message, but other than that,, no prob. I'm a computer dummy (like many in their 70s) and haven't a clue why they won't open for you!

Are you on a very old computer? Some of them have trouble with the huge size of my List. Try sending me an email and I'll pop a copy off to you- maybe it will work that way?

But it's just about time to retire this version of my List because the new July 2021 version is almost ready! I'm doing the last little bit of "cosmetic" work (font sizes, extra spaces, etc), and then I get to send it out to about 2,000 activists, MMJ patients and stoners.

And now, back to that "cosmetic" work!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  5. @Kent. Check your email, hon!

• Like Like x 1
  6. @Storm Crow

You may want to research collapsed lungs from vaping if you haven't yet. My wife had a patient the other day that it happened to.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Figured you'd be interest in stuff like that so..:confused_2:

8. @Pistils I have a section on "Pneumothorax" (a hole in the lung leading to an air bubble in the abdominal cavity leading to lung collapse) that covers it. It sometimes happens as a result of repeatedly "clamping down" on a hit (vape or smoke) too hard. Eventually, a weak spot pops and they end up in the Emergency Room!

FYI, kids - The extra pressure does NOT get THC into your blood any faster, and can possibly cause a pneumothorax or even a stroke.

• Like Like x 1
  9. What do you mean by "clamping down"?

The only thoughts I had when my wife talked to me about it was the possibility of a clogged pen or just extremely excessive coughing fits.

10. #11 Storm Crow, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    "Clamping down"- holding a hit while attempting to exhale, while keeping your mouth and nose closed so that the pressure in your lungs is raised - aka the Valsalva maneuver. Here's an abstract about one case that led to a pneumothorax-

“Usual” cannabis abuse producing an unusual incident. (Germany)
    (abst in English & German – 2007) Thieme E-Journals - DMW - Deutsche Medizinische Wochenschrift / Abstract

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. I had never heard of this... There's really no limit to what kids do these days tho..

12. It actually happened to a budtender I know, back in 2019. He ended up in the Emergency Room and had to totally quit vaping, dabbing and smoking. He now uses edibles, capsules and tinctures. He quit working as a budtender when Covid became a threat. With his compromised lungs, he just didn't dare risk it.

I miss him- he was very intelligent and enjoyed chatting about studies when there was a break in business. The current budtenders are sweet kids, but are not really "into" science.

• Like Like x 2