New Coco Grow! Some issues :/

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by carmel, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Sup sup my brothers!

Starting a new grow, trying out coco for the first time. Rinsed the Coco first, then buffered with Remos MagNiFiCal a couple of times.

Coco Perlite Ratio: 70/30

Strains:
    Seedsman - Bruce Banger
    Seedsman - Peyote Zkittlez
    Latitud Sur - Amnesia Widow
    Seedsman - OG Cheese
    Seedsman - Peyote Forum

Nutes:
    Sensi Grow A&B
    GE Silica (small dosage)
    Velokelp (small dosage)

Bennies:
    Amyoliquefaciens

EC:

Lights:
    MarsHydro 250W

They look good, but im having some burning. Before they burn, the tips get somewhat soft, this soft tissue then browns up. Doenst really look like nute burn. help a brother out if you know what it could be!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-21 at 22.34.32.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-21 at 22.34.33.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-21 at 22.34.33(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-21 at 22.34.34.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-21 at 22.34.34(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-21 at 22.45.15.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-21 at 22.45.15(1).jpeg

2. It’s way past time for a repot...do that as soon as possible! It’s been years since I’ve been in the game but it also appears your running a bit hot on your nutes...too much too soon

• Like Like x 1
  3. Other than that looking solid!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cheers, just flushed them with a 0.75 solution. Should I flushem with plain pH'd water first?

5. a good little flush wouldn’t hurt...best to tackle now than later...I don’t know the quality of your coir...I remember my experiences and I went through hella cuts due to heavy salt deposits in the coco.. but like I said that was many years ago... what size are transplanting to?

6. The Coco is supposed to be relatively good. Even still, I rinsed it alot, then I buffered it twice with 1ml/L of Magnifical for 8 hours each time.

I might translplant 8 plants into 1 gallon airpots (supposed to be equivalennt to higher pots because of the airpot)

Or just pick the 4 strongest ones and put them in 3 gallon pots. I've done 8 plants in one gallon pots in the past succesfully, so I reckon that shoulld be a good setup using coco since there will be more root space and it's a hydro system, easier to flush, etc.

7. p.s. I was watering them every three days with 0.9 EC and the runoff was coming out 0.93 ish

8. Well I’ll be sure to follow your progress.. curious to see how you pan out.. I recently got back in this hobby myself... I’m also using coir also (coco loco) and a perlite mix with a living soil mix...I’m going for simplicity to get my feet wet again.. my love is hydro eventually I’ll get back to it...I’m using a marshydro 1000 but getting a 3000 now that I’m understanding more about LED..so curious to see how you do

9. Awesome! I have a mars 1000 too. Will be adding a couple of UVB at flowering to boost the resin production.

they work junst fine :D

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.38.09.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lol I’m still very very skeptical ..I only have grown mh/hps ... I’ve finally had some time to do some reading up and concluded I’ll need a 3000... to feel comfortable knowing I’ll get the same yields I’m used to

11. I’m at about 3 weeks in 2 gallon pots..keeping one of these indoor other 2 going outside in 7 gallons

Attached Files:

12. Nice!

I used fabric pots too, but I'm looking forward to using the airpots this time for root distribution and ease of flushing.

A for the Mars Hydro, I think that they work real well for yield. Only thing that they miss out it the UVA and especially UVB

* Just flushed with 0.5 EC solution, hope it works. hope I didnt stress them out too much already :/ time will tell, since there are a couple that didnt burn, so I'll just compare their evolution.

Thanks again brother!

13. Lol I’ve been hearing about this uva uvb rage...lol personally I don’t think too much about it..I know some others are obsessed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. And no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Never give plain water.
    Coco should be fed daily to run off with a pH around 6.0.

16. You mean I should add Calmag? That's something I was wondering.
    MagNiFiCal from Remo Nutrients say their dosage is 1-2 ml/L

I've been using 1ml/l For my plants

17. I started a journal in the hydroponic journal section of the forum.

As for the Mars Hydro, my plants definitively could have frosted a little bit more on my past run, that's why im considering adding some UV this time.

Another characteristic of the Mars lights is that they cause the plants to stretch significantly more that CFLs and MH, because of the light spectrum. Good for training the plants like i do (mainlining)