Never post photos from your iphone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cnote, Oct 11, 2009.

1. What if I'm using a VPN?

2. You need to remove the location services so that doesnt happen not only photos being tracked everything
    I remember when my phone new my office and my house.... turned it off after that

3. Anyone in my property, not seeking my help, police or not, is a direct threat to my life.
    Too which I will respond and act accordingly
    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. #thuglife

5. Amen to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Good thin
    Good thing growing is legal in Colorado

7. #307 Mahmo, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    It's not about growing legal or illegal. It's about getting ripped off or worse. That is why you HAVE to turn Location Services off when taking photos with an iPhone or your GPS, longitude/latitude coordinates are imprinted in the information of your photos.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Does that mean android phones as well???

9. Yes. All smart phones.

10. Thank you..

11. I just use a VPN on all my devices with the Obfuscated Server. I have a medical license but it all is federally legal still so I be careful as possible.

12. Shit thanks for the heads up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. #313 Lizh, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    On Android you can turn off the geotags on for your camera in the settings. None of my pics have data even when running gps. Yes, I have thoroughly investigated this and triple check just in case if I am ever going to upload any pic, related to this or not. My privacy is my own.

Ps. I missed the part about goggle scraping map data. Although I use waze, im sure they probably have a way into my waze account. I will be turning off all data and location services before I post anymore pics even though no Metadata or tags are on the pics themselves. Thank you GawCah for drawing my attention to my oversight! I greatly appreciate it!! You all make this forum a great place to come and questions and are so helpful and so very kind from what I have experienced so far. Its so rare in forums and I really like it here
    Edit was for the ps.

14. aszzzaaaaaaazaaaaazzzzzm watch weeks tee

Sent from my SM-G955W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Q2

Sent from my SM-G955W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. TL;DR - this topic is so important to resolve as and for the community. I vote in favor to make the platform responsible for scrubbing all geo locations prior to any uploads on this site. It it's a massive security and risk concern that only protects the WHOLE community.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. And I just changed the settings so the DEFAULT phone info isn't displayed on my posts. Why would the developer make that a default? It just opens up to easier hacking

18. Turn off your location, problem solved

19. I canceled/turned off location services to my camera and every thing after two weeks of veg has no location,

click share on a photo and go to top of menu and it says options go there and turn off and another menu will pop up and turn off location for camer

20. I think at 2 hours 24 min is when it begins, could be wrong

Turning that off does not keep you safe

@Lizh
    Even with it all your settings off, there's still apps that are bouncing things about off those radio waves. I don't know the technical jargon but some others do