Never post photos from your iphone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cnote, Oct 11, 2009.

1. They are geotagged with your location information.

Cocksuckers scrape these forums for geotagged outdoor grow pics and they rip your harvest, pulling up the exact location of your grow on google maps is but 1 click away with the right software.

• Like x 25
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. I don't doubt it. I've been reading so many posts on these board about looted plots recently. Its gotta hurt so bad to have all that work be for nothing.

Good call though. Personally, I wouldn't take photos with anything that is connected to any sort of network at all. And even then photos are evidence and can lead to shit like this that you normally wouldn't think about. I feel for anyone on the boards that got jacked by these effing thieves.

• Like Like x 9
  3. This is scary to think about. I would think that having any illegal pics on your phone is a bad idea even temporarily.

Good post.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iphones just became outlawed on my properties.. thanks

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'm super paranoid about the pics I post. I use Infraview to strip off all the EXIF data and only post pics from my Kodak.

• Like Like x 4
  6. So do cops.

• Like Like x 2
  7. wow shit I have never once thought about that.

I will never use a iphone!:eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Forget about the pictures, you shouldn't even bring your cell to your plot. If you do, shut it off long before you get there. Your phone does frequent checks for cell towers and this information is stored with your cell provider. Your location can be triangulated as accurately as 50 feet. That information isn't protected by law and the man doesn't even need a subpoena to get it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I agree with pix posting , but how much I need to be serious grower to they track me ?
    It cost a lot gov and there must be some warrant for tracking ... at least here must
    be warrant. Warrant need evidence.
    Not sure about so big place for paranoia, also cell phone can be located in 10m2 /
    90 square ft.
    They miss are you on the left or right side of the street.

10. i think that they are the "cocksuckers"

• Like Like x 2
  11. I have an iPhone and there are three solutions to this.

1. Turn off "Location Services" in preferences - this will turn off the ability of apps (such as Camera) to use your GPS location.

2. Jailbreak your iPhone and your phone will alert you every time an app wants to use your location. You can hit Allow or Don't Allow.

3. Don't use your iPhone to photograph anything illegal, and if you do, don't send them to anyone, tell anyone who sees them that you downloaded them off the internet, and as soon as you don't need that picture on there anymore (you really never needed it on there) you better delete it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Excellent tip, this should be a sticky for the whole growing section.

• Like Like x 1

13. i agree because i had absolutely no idea...... pretty scary

14. i'm sure this goes for other "smart" phones as well....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. all cell phones give your location away and new cars 2000-2010 have gps on the cars/trucks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. There's always a bored LEO munching donuts looking for even a small photo op to get the attaboy. All they need is reasonable suspicion, not a warrant. A picture of a nice grow and the GPS location (+/-) 90' could do it. I'm legal but don't know any guerrilla growers who post on public forums. Trust no one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. How in the world does my camera know any info about me to record in the pic? How do I check the exif file on my camera to see what it contains? I do want to know, and to verify for myself, but I highly doubt that a pic posted reasonably anonymously on the net is going to be the main element of anyone's downfall. -Mech

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Actually I've been told that every cell phone manufactured in America and on the American market is made with some sort of location tracker and something so the government is able to access everything about that phone(pictures, calls, contacts, etc). I have even heard that they can use your phone to actually listen to whatever you're saying even if you're not talking on the phone, like a microphone or a guy wearing a wire.

Everything is saved somewhere or able to be viewed, and nobody is able to do anything about it.

Read the link below, then stop and think about everything you have ever typed, viewed, downloaded, deleted, and anything else you have sent or received via internet or cell phone that you wouldn't want the wrong person to see.

Mass surveillance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't want to read that whole page at first just read the section entitled "Internet Communications"

That should make you want to read it all (well it made me want to atleast)

SPREAD THIS INFORMATION TO EVERYONE
    or continue to enjoy living in an intricate system of lies, greed, and corruption while you just act like everything is "alright" or "normal".

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. they have data centers that keep track of information and thanks to geroge bush they passed a new law when he was in office to spy on americans with out permission from a judge afther 9/11 we dont have rights anymore only illegal immagrents they care more for the immagrent then us american born people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. cops dont need a warrant anymore for cell phone taps. only for house phone taps. thats the dumbest law ever