Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need to dispose of male ASAP help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hellotangerinesky, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Okay so I have a few plants growing that are just bag seeds as an Experiment and a few solid tangerine dreams. My nicest bag seed plant has shown itself to be a male and I need to get rid of him as I can’t keep him anywhere else. It’s so sad because he is beautiful little guy. But anyway. Was considering making some butter from him, but not sure if it will be worth the effort. What I have kind of considered doing is chopping him down, decarbing real quick, and making it crock pot style like I always do with trim and shake. I do have about an 1/8th of mid I can throw in with it. You think that it’s worth the process? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yes, it would be perfectly fine to use your decarbed male to make cannabutter. Although he isn't fully mature, you may even get a pleasant surprise on his potency if your male has the right genes! Adding the mids will just increase the potency of your cannabutter, so go for it. :biggrin:

"In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops." From “Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco” Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco - PubMed

And FYI- male plants are usually taller than the females and they show sex earlier. You wouldn't believe how many "I have a male" posts have some variation of "And it was my biggest plant, too". :(

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 4
  3. nah I'd just chop it and toss it. Not worth the time imo.

If you make butter with it, please update us and let us know how it works out :)

4. Unless you plan to collect pollen its useless, bag it, chop it and dispose of it asap. A single pod opening with fans about will blow pollen to the county. And that's bad unless you want seeds.

5. #5 Joker1121, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    I'd certainly give a try, especially after reading Storm Crow on male plants. I've heard it works. Yeah, I'd definitely cook him right on up! Good luck and please tell us what you do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. In case anyone is interested, I ended up making butter. I chipped and decarbed in the oven. Used a simple double boiler to melt down 1/3 stick of butter (yes I know tiny bit. But I figured I’d try and make only a few cookies and hopefully it would be potent enough) with some water and stuck the plant matter in a large cloth tea sachet. Cooked for 2-3 hours. Made 6 medium/lg sized cookies. Got us wasted lol. I fell asleep with shaman drum sounds on my phone sitting straight up on the couch my brother who smokes WAAAAY more often than I do said he got pretty high. And my 80lb dog who has fears of thunder and loud sounds gets pot when she’s stressed so I gave her half a cookie. When I went to feed her a bone an hour later she forgot how to chew. . So I’d say success lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2