Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

NEED HELP!!! not sure if I messed up cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by T.gman87, Feb 8, 2021.

1. So I added 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter (two sticks) and let simmer. I added my 14 gs and simmered for 2 hours and 30 min. I strained with cheesecloth, and let cool In my fridge overnight. I open it and the color looks good, but there’s no excess water at the bottom of the bow it’s all butter. Did I mess up or just evaporate all the water? I hope I didn’t mess up due to not knowing enough info.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The current best advice is to not add water when making butter, and before you get that far a proper decarb is 40 minutes at 240F in an oven, toaster, or decarb machine is a large part of consistently potent edible making.

To your question, it does seem like you evaporated the water. Whether it did or not should become evident as the butter solidifies as it cools.

3. I’m sorry, totally forget to add that I did decarb. The butter is one solid brick with no water, could it have lost potency from possibly evaporating cannabinoids? Thank you so much for your reply.

• Like Like x 1
  4. At what temperature did you simmer? Two hours at 160 degrees is what I use. And like MIV said, no water next time. It doesn’t seem to me that all that water would have evaporated, but ...

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Regular butter runs some 15% water anyhow. I don't know the break point before it separates in the fridge but your long simmer may have reduced it enough.
    It's likely fine as it is.

Omit the water next time and you don't need to cook it near that long.
    1 cup of butter 220 F for 60 minutes is plenty of time.

Here is the Ultimate unstrained recipe.
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered
    If using buds Grind to dust.

5 grams decarbed Kief or hash or powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads