Myanmar Protests

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jerry111165, Mar 27, 2021.

1. At this point I'd say its fair to say when the government is fucking you a protest might work but when its your own military you gotta pick up a rifle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Oh yes. And the military does their best to prevent communication and gathering of the people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If my government was shooting citizens down in the streets for protesting?

Yer goddamn fuckin’ right.

And THUS the 2nd Amendment!

j

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I really hope we can solve this without going to full on war. They have to fight back. Talking failed. From what you said, Possuum, it doesn't sound like it's all that advantageous for China to go to war with us, so that sounds hopeful. But it also sounds like they might at least WANT to go to war with us if we get involved to the extent that it sounds like will happen. Of course, the way things seem to be going over there especially them gunning people down at a funeral ffs, I can almost see it heading in a direction of war. But I hope I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 4

5. i see it as a situation that regional governments should intervene if a physical presence is required. it's a problem being seen all over the planet albeit not to the degree of the military taking over a government and killing protesters but civil unrest is a global issue these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Glad I’m not reading this thread high.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Whose Vietnam is it gonna be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. #28 Possuum, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    hopefully not ours but it's a good question.

edit: i just did some brief browsing and:

500 reported dead probably many more. indiscriminate killing including children in 40+ cities.

1000's are fleeing into Thailand. saw that coming and will be interesting to see what the Thais do about it, they share a long border.

biden cancelled trade agreements. it's being touted as a "significant signal" wtf that means.

i'm sure there's intel and unit guys crawling all over that place. maybe Blackwater et al will fight this one. seems to be the trend - outsourcing war.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ugh. So with Russia and China working together, it's clear we'll have a big fight on our hands if we try to intervene too much.
    Hopefully it won't be another Vietnam or world war. But it's looking bad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. “Bangkok(CNN)Thailand has reportedly pushed back more than 2,000 people attempting to flee neighboring Myanmar following a series of air strikescarried out by the ruling junta in the southeast of the country.

Activist group the Karen Information Center said 2,009 people are now internally displaced and hiding in the jungle, having been forced back into Myanmar shortly after crossing the border with Thailand.

Myanmar coup: Thailand pushes back thousands attempting to flee as death toll surpasses 500 - CNN

• Like Like x 3
  11. yea that’s coming here to america soon.

if they disband the milatary who will protect the nations lands from other countries?

if they don’t disband the military, who’s side will the military be on?

remember when obama got rid of a bunch of old school generals in the ranks????

12. I see the Myanmar “government” is shutting down all Internet.

j

• Like Like x 2
  13. Piles of bodies” were seen in one city in Myanmar after another gruesome attack by the country’s security forces against its own people.

Dozens of people were killed in the city of Bago Friday, “leaving piles of bodies in pagodas and on school grounds” in the deadliest single incident in Myanmar since a coup toppled the elected government Feb. 1, according to Radio Free Asiaand other reports.

Security forces attacked protestors with rifles, heavy weapons and hand grenades. The nationwide death toll has now topped 700 people, including more than 80 in Bago, according to various reports, the Burmese group Assistance Association for Political Prisoners said.

News out of Myanmar has been difficult to track in recent days, as the military junta has cracked down on internet access and seized satellite dishes
    .”

'Piles of bodies' seen in Myanmar as violence escalates: reports