Myanmar Protests

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jerry111165, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Its pretty horrible whats going on in Myanmar. Yesterday was one of the bloodiest clashes between the people and the new coup government.

More than 90 killed in Myanmar in one of bloodiest days of protests”
    By Story from Reuters
    Updated 9:09 AM EDT, Sat March 27, 2021

(CNN)Security forces killed more than 90 people across Myanmar on Saturday in one of the bloodiest days of protests since a military coup last month, news reports and witnesses said.

The lethal crackdown came on Armed Forces Day. Senior General Min Aung Hlaing, the junta leader, said during a parade in the capital Naypyitaw to mark the event that the military would protect the people and strive for democracy.

State television had said on Friday that protesters risked being shot "in the head and back." Despite this, demonstrators against the February 1 coup came out on the streets of Yangon, Mandalay and other towns.

A boy reported by local media to be as young as five was among at least 29 people killed in Mandalay. At least 24 people were killed in Yangon, Myanmar Now said.

"Today is a day of shame for the armed forces," Dr. Sasa, a spokesman for CRPH, an anti-junta group set up by deposed lawmakers, told an online forum.

Meanwhile, one of Myanmar's two dozen ethnic armed groups, the Karen National Union, said it had overrun an army post near the Thai border, killing 10 people -- including a lieutenant colonel -- and losing one of its own fighters.
    A military spokesman did not respond to calls seeking comment on the killings by security forces or the insurgent attack on its post.
    "They are killing us like birds or chickens, even in our homes," said Thu Ya Zaw in the central town of Myingyan, where at least two protesters were killed. "We will keep protesting regardless... We must fight until the junta falls."
    The deaths on Saturday would take the number of civilians reported killed since the coup to well over 400.”
    "This 76th Myanmar armed forces day will stay engraved as a day of terror and dishonor," the EU delegation to Myanmar said. "The killing of unarmed civilians, including children, are indefensible acts."

Myanmar: More than 90 killed in one of bloodiest days of protests - CNN

We don’t realize how good we have it sometimes, compared to the rest of the world.

J

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Too true. I certainly have it made compared to all that. Why do people have to be violent to each other? I think they need some weed lol. I hope somehow it can get better for everyone there and peace can reign in the village once again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. it's China. myanmar's current military junta is pretty much in lockstep with the CCP, and myanmar's current rulers are against muslims as are the chinese in a bigtime way. strategically myanmar was important to western interests because it shares a 1200 mile border with china.

the whole of asia is where the next world war will kick off. china is deadly serious about taiwan, hong kong, and the south china sea. did we all know that china now has the largest navy in the world? it surpassed the US in 2020, for total nbr of vessels, warships, etc. we will witness conflict in the Asia's in a few years. so in regards to myanmar's current issues it is just a continuation of China's hegemony plans.

they're coming to a theatre near us soon and they will not be messing around. they're currently staging in mexico and canada in that china is heavily invested in mexico infrastructure and it was only dec 2020, that canada and china had a big row over canada cancelling china military training on canadian soil.

china is going to be number one in the world within a decade is my bet, unless a war will prove otherwise. myanmar is a start. keep an eye on thailand as well.

• Like Like x 5
  4. this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like Like x 1
  5. Was lucky enuff to attend college. In the 1980's, one of my more 'practical' proffessors, told us something prophetic, and scary.

He said, "We are at war, with China". He said we were losing, and that we had better watch our asses.

More true words, have never been spoken, in the history of this planet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lord I friggin’ hope y’all are wrong.

It certainly wouldn’t be an easy fight but America will never go down down without a fight to the death.

j

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The military posts pictures online posing with weapons saying "i will kill you"

They use Superior violence and aggression towards their own people.

The junta shut off internet and phone. And works towards total surveillance.

Its very brutal and very real. I feel deeply with the people of Myanmar. Not that it helps but

• Like Like x 3
  8. agreed. the CCP has never denied who they are and what they desire. western plans seems to be knee jerk, fragile, and implemented in short years. the chinese on the other hand are patient, pragmatic, determined, and their plans are rolled out over decades. the CCP are vicious, harsh, and unforgiving. if the US doesn't get it together with the rest of the western hemisphere we're gonna be tagged and bagged. parts of the EU are totally dependent on china trade.

and as for China's allegiance with the majority of other asian nations they certainly aren't friendly. they want it all.

jmo.

edit: and look at china's presence in africa. they gonna own that continent.

9. Usa have Nato countries as allies tho.
    And if china moves troops away they are woundable at home from russia and india to mention some..also Japan might intervene

• Like Like x 2
  10. china has 2 million active duty military and probably 1million reserves. they hold more US dollar cash reserves than any other country, they're #4 (iirc) in documented physical gold reserves, the country is sitting on the world's largest cache of rare earth minerals (and china is in africa and argentinia, 2d and 3d largest reserves of rare earth minerals), they have their own space program, satellite and gps systems, and guess what? a brand new chevrolet built 4 cylinder pick up truck can be bought in china for ~$4000 US. hahaha those bastards have got the world within their grasp.

can you imagine the CCP, NK, Iran and its proxies, and perhaps even Russia joining forces and deciding to take over the EU and the ME? it wouldn't take long.

NK wants SK and wants to sink Japan. Russia wants the old Soviet bloc so why not all of contiental europe? Iran - it goes without saying what they want. so, what's left for china to fight for? Australia and the Americas.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I never liked you...

:love-m3j:

fuck me. I’d rather not think of these things.

j

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1

12. haha, ignorance is bliss and i've been saying for many years my goal is to be highly blissful, meaning i desire to be really ignorant of certain things but daYum! some things going on in the world i just cant look away

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. I'm complicit, as I was instructed to source all of our long held USA manufacturing to China. At least as much as was feaseable. So, I did, and did not see the forest from the trees. All I knew was our bottom line was great, raises all around, etc...(corruption by money, story for another thread)

The other two sided blade is the environment. In the 80's and 90's, we in the USA were really starting to see the benefits of taking care of the waterways, and air. Then, ship all chrome plating, acid etching, steel production, powdercoating, etc... over to China, great for our environment, not so great for the economic structure of the world.

The saving grace, is China's leaders always take everything too far. They think they are living in a Big Screen Movie World. Plenty of lumps they are taking, and will continue to absorb.

Bottom line is, they cannot leave the saftey of their buildings. There is no air to breathe anywhere near a city. You have to go way out in the valleys and mountains to find breathable air. it has been that way for decades. Spent 14 days in Taiwan in 1998, hurt my lungs more than 30 years of smoking. Beijing has not seen the sun in 10 years. Poor people of China, I feel for you.

I feel for the Chinese people, if they try to speak up, off to the 're-education' camps. China's leaders are not a very nice bunch of people. They make our politicos look like hand puppets.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. @jerry111165 perhaps this is the lighter side. China's economy is built on cheap exports (devalued yuan), and the Americas and most all of the EU are the largest purchasers of their goods. if China wants to be a world power they absolutely require world markets for their goods. destroying the US and/or the EU is really not in the best long term interests of China. so the reality is they are definitely a world power to reckon with but in all likelihood the World Banking and Insurance giants wont ever allow - i dont think - China to become *the* dominant power, rather, a much more visible leading world power.

they'll have to be dealt with on some level just like iran and nk will have to be dealt with but world war, not likely unless hong kong or taiwan become red lines for Britain, the US, and east asia. for china the flashpoint is definitely taiwan, HK, and the south china sea, and probably in that order. the issue with taiwan is as tense as israel and iran, or turkey and india. it's tense!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Global calls to tackle Myanmar military’s ‘reign of terror’ after worst mass killing
    US secretary of state says Washington ‘horrified’ after bloodiest day since February coup

Staff and agencies
    Sat 27 Mar 2021 22.14 E

The killing by Myanmar’s military of more than 100 pro-democracy protesters in the single deadliest day since February’s coup has drawn outrage from across the world, and calls for a stronger global response.

The US secretary of state, Antony Blinken, strongly condemned the junta, saying Washington was “horrified” by the deaths on Saturday, and that the violence shows “that the junta will sacrifice the lives of the people to serve the few”.

“I send my deepest condolences to the victims’ families. The courageous people of Burma reject the military’s reign of terror,” he said.

UN special rapporteur Tom Andrews said it was time for the world to take action – if not through the UN Security Council then through an international emergency summit. He said the junta should be cut off from funding, such as oil and gas revenues, and from access to weapons.

Global calls to tackle Myanmar military's 'reign of terror' after worst mass killing

• Like Like x 1
  16. Really horrible stuff. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1