My progress...

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Santiago_and_Dunbar, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Oh shit, forgot to add that I spread a little over an inch of perlite on top of my soil to make up for erosion, I’ve previously added extra Happy Frog to the top but it didn’t last too long. My soil mix is quite fluffy so I’m sure this won’t be the last top off.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bro I am 12 weeks in..... it becomes flippin mud........ perlite 50/50 every time!

• Like Like x 2
  3. I really believe that adding as much perlite as I did helped avoid a bunch of headaches! I’m close to 40% in my pots but will definitely consider adding 50% to one in the next run.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I was wondering about that..."is this hempys grow now??" ran through my head lol. I was just saying next door that I lay a piece of biological barrier and sometimes put a few rocks on top to keep it nice and smooth and clean... but I got some gnats this time around and worrying that the top layer maybe not drying enough? idk, gnat problem is the problem I think, BTi on the way.
    example: there is a biological membrane under the rocks.
    upload_2019-12-21_22-40-46.png

• Like Like x 3
  5. I’ve heard of hempy buckets before but didn’t know what it was all about, just searched it and it sounds pretty rad, lol. The biological membrane, it is literally that? A membrane? Sounds really interesting, what does that look like (I’m guessing clear) and have you used it before? Rocks/perlite make the tops of the pots look so nice and clean, I really like the aesthetic of it but was also somewhat curious if it would effect soil drying underneath. I always place a fan blowing down on the stalks/top of the pots to help with drying first night, I also try to keep the temp around 68 or higher the first night after water/feed. Lol, I don’t know if any of this makes any difference but I feel it’s been a small defense against mold/bugs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. well remember i'm in coco, so not the same as soil. I've never had a problem with it before, but I'm sure someone will blame it for the gnats. I just blame the gnats for being gnats; other people get gnats and they don't use any barrier. The weed barrier I use is (biological... that's funny, why did I write that?) just landscaping fabric, not plastic.

• Like Like x 3
  7. #107 Santiago_and_Dunbar, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    I’ve seen other coco growers with gnats and, from what I remember, had no rocks on the soil. Lol, I was imagining some sort of gnarly, slimy, translucent film! Really nice idea, though! My question is, do you think the membrane could be attractive to any potential bugs? I would think that would hold a bit of moisture sandwiched between two mediums (I’m likely wrong lol I know the fabric does drain well).

edit: here I am blaming the membrane just like you said someone would do lmao, disregard!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gnats also appear to be a rather common occurrence, I’m expecting them at some point myself, seems like something every grower will deal with at a time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I brace myself every morning when I turn the lights on and open my tent, especially after changes to feed, but everything looks great in there! I’ll let the ladies warm up a bit (58f/14.4c as of now) and take some photos.
    C6CA4CE6-41BA-4367-9E99-09B4612193AB.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Music, coffee, and a bowl are next on the menu.
    EF38109C-6E31-4F03-BC7F-E36914453062.jpeg
    @FL430 I really love that you posted what you were jamming to in your thread so I’ve stolen the idea, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Well let’s keep it going lol and mine was song of the day lol but! I’ll do it for the grow room
    From now on

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  12. D69411D7-BB09-4A97-AF36-709D4E084B6C.jpeg
    8AA6B806-5E2B-4575-A746-8450DCFEF860.jpeg
    Catching up little by little:
    B9DAA45A-B1D7-40B8-8598-E7EB6F981479.jpeg
    and the obligatory:
    870BC5F7-C895-442F-9AAB-0BB6AE0569FB.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. yea, it maybe keep it more moist, which isn't a bad thing in itself, but it keeps the media the way i prepped it, I don't have to mess with it after I feed, and I can just feed without worrying (ie. dump a gallon and not even blink an eye), so it has its perks.

Heya bro, you maybe interested to know that there's some freeware called Paint.NET. If you pass your pictures through the auto-filter, it will take that yellow out of your pictures and make them look more natural. Here's an example,
    upload_2019-12-22_11-15-3.png
    upload_2019-12-22_11-17-17.png
    It just filters off the unnatural spectra; your plants look good either way ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Whoa! Thanks for that!!! That looks so much better!
    The membrane sounds like a great idea.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Paint.net is only for Windows, I’m gutted!!!! I downloaded PhotoShop Express but they have no filter that nice, looking around for alternatives.
    Playing around with collage is fun:
    A5FDEFDF-D46A-492D-A42A-CA1F5E571750.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Okay, I’ve got sort of a non-problem problem and I would really appreciate a bit of guidance. My smallest Hulkberrys flower growth seems to have stagnated and I’m getting to a point in my schedule where I cannot wait on a straggler to finish. I’m already considering buying another light to get an early start on vegging my next round but will not feel comfortable to do so until after the Christmas season, plus I really have to find a light strong enough to cover 2-3 ladies nicely. Anyway, I’m really unsure of what to do, I’m considering taking her out of the tent, putting the auto under her light and when the auto is finished have 3 lights on my 2 strongest Hulkberry to finish. My thinking is finishing out with the extra watts on the 2 other HB will ensure my yield doesn’t suffer too terribly.
    Am I a dumbass?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Also, good morning to everyone!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wish I could help you, but, alas, I can't. I only grow out 1-2 at a time so have no expertise in growing more than that amount. :(
    Merry Christmas!!!
    xmas2019.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1