My progress...

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Santiago_and_Dunbar, Dec 17, 2019.

1. thats a trellis net bro lol i dont even need to see it and i know thats what it is..... but gorilla tent makes metal bars that go on the vertical poles to help the tent not get "sucked in" with a fan, and i have thought about using that to make a scrog screen

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lmao you’re damn right it is! I find LST to be too satisfying to switch to SCROG anyway. Those bars are definitely something I’ve been interested in buying since with the smaller tents you need every inch possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. my only argument is with LST is that steaks can be pulled out easily from the soil when the plant wants to show its strength and watering is a PITA, but i also used cut up wire coat hangers since i have hundreds of pounds of them. thanks CINTAS!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fair argument and true, I combatted that by putting my staples at approximately each node, seemed to work well. Next time I won’t start so early, though. To put it mildly, watering can be a chore at times lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. hey guys, scrog'n is good, but ... i feel it you need to know your plant and lights etc. I scrog a lot, and defol too.

The thing with scrog'n is you need to know when to place down the trellis, and don't think there's no training prior to scrog'n (or afterwards). It can really increase yields, tops, etc, but its not always the best way. My one aeroponic plant last run was not scrogged and yielded much more than the scrog. There's a lot to be said with just staking the plants, especially for sativa leaning girls. I feel I should have just staked my current plants and used strips or boards to surround it with light.

One thing, cosmetics and 'what you really want' yield is two different matters altogether. I can grow big fat colas, they look great, but are prone to mold, and don't always produce as much cannabinoids in the inside of the bud (no light there!); still good, but imo, optimum cannabis is smaller, trichome laden bud. You know, when I snap a bud into the buster, its not a big bud... if someone wants a lid, they aren't going to buy just a big bud... that's more cosmetics, although exceptions do exist.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what the training is, as long as it serves the purpose of increasing bud sites and allows maximal light distribution.

I'm still on the fence with defol'n. It can really slow down growth if done in excess. Some defol'n is usually required though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I think my main reason for not using SCROG is that I’ve found myself really needing to turn the girls 360degrees to water evenly and to get to everything that I need to trim, lol I even put them on a rotating cake stand when I really need to spin them a few times. Does SCROG cut down on veg time? I’m thinking it makes getting that nice, even, canopy easier too. I totally agree that SCROG is a hands on endeavor, I know it’s popular to trim and lollipop before the net comes down, but once it does aren’t you at its mercy?
    I definitely see what you mean about the differences in cosmetic vs. actual quality, I’m only doing personal so bag appeal is most definitely secondary to effect!
    Lol, yeah I’m sure all of this amateur trimming has already effected my yield but you’re right that at least a little bit seems necessary In most situations.

• Like Like x 2
  7. you don't need to make a permanent stand. Note that I have three scrogs going atm, two are permanent, so I need to work around the plant, but the plant in the powergrower unit is versatil and can be moved around. Many independent scroggers out there, and in fact, didn't u see Joshua's haul he boasted in my thread? Absolutely beautiful plants, a serious good grower, and I think he uses an independent scrog net. Maybe jot over to that thread again and just look at some of those pictures, I don't know if I scored you this also, here u go bro
    How To SCROG
    little guide. I should update it soon, as I have some new developments to share.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. That’s good to know, I’ll hold onto the net, I was just thinking that I can build mini-SCROG stands for each individual plant, then I could take it out as needed. Hmmm. Lol, oh yes I’ve seen JoshuaE’s work, he’s super talented! It must’ve skipped my mind that he uses SCROG, damn now you have me thinking about a whole new setup for next run lol. Thanks for the link too, I’m heading over to sub to it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ladies are happy this morning, recovering nicely from my butchery lol. Will give a feed/water tomorrow depending on ppm of runoff, considering starting them on their bloom nutes since they seem to be putting energy into flowering.
    Hulkberry:
    B9B74F3C-47A1-4386-89AB-6AFD6EBDD0BD.jpeg

Auto Bruce:
    4BA7969E-5E67-4CD0-8195-851E6E675911.jpeg

I’ve got to have a look back at my written journal to get a precise age on this one.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Putting on my glasses and pulling up a seat if you don’t mind......

• Like Like x 4
  11. I don’t mind at all, I really appreciate it, thank you!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. So, to elaborate on the bloom schedule switch, I’m not sure because the ladies are definitely still stretching, there is visible growth even today. The bamboo canes have been very helpful for eyeballing height, but it should be slowing soon as I’m in day 17 since flip and energy is definitely going into flowers. I plan on keeping N a bit higher until fourth week or so but that’s what the Super Tea and Seaweed Extract is for, they should make up for the lower N in the Bio-Flores (I suppose it’s the “part B” of the Bio-Canna line) without overloading the ladies. Still trying to find a balance.
    My smallest Hulkberry is still lagging in flower development, she may be a late finisher but no worries.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Making my rounds and checking on the ladies, noticed something wonderful that I must’ve missed this morning (yes, I’m a plant butcher lol).
    D6045FB3-1CF3-4686-8883-CF7ED2B216F1.jpeg
    A72EB23D-7076-4361-BBEC-57139163A2A5.jpeg
    Those are from my two bigger Hulkberry, here’s the small girl definitely farther behind then I had thought...
    D68C3EFA-559F-4D8E-9027-2272260B4AB4.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  14. mmmmmhmmm the frost is a comin

• Like Like x 3
  15. I’m so excited for it, lol I’m over the moon right now!

• Like Like x 3
  16. just wait for them to sparkle when you open your tent lol i love it... my girl doesnt understand how i can just sit there and look at them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I took the Kennedy rocker and brought it to the grow, the old lady was kind of pissed lol. Love sitting in there with them, I just play music and read, stare at them a bit lol. They really enjoy Slayer!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. LMFAO!!!! now i need a rocking chair, thanks.... and heck this next grow ill be doing, i want to play Sturgill Simpson for them the entire grow lmfao, cause i LOVE his music when ripped lol... look up his "Sound & fury" album on iTunes and read his comments about how he wrote the album.... its worth it! my song off that album is "make art not friends"!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Here it is for ya

AED4E640-4672-421D-BC86-BBC9CA0CA131.png 487C2D27-CBB4-45E9-9BEE-46CC3037EB81.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1