Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe My process for making infused oil from vape carts, open to suggestions

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Atari2600, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Simply due to local availability, I can get vape carts in great supply but not much of anything else, it is what it is. About a year ago I was looking at a cart and had no idea how to do much else with it other than vape so I started research and didn't find any process for converting them for use in edibles, but I reasoned they were full of cannabis oil so it had to be possible. Below is the process I came up with to convert them into a usable infused oil. Maybe it is a good process, maybe it isn't, I don't have anything to compare it to. I would love some comments from more knowledgeable people. The end result seems to work with about 1/3 of a cup mixed in with a box of brownie mix resulting in 8 brownies that are pretty strong even for a daily smoker.

Heat 27oz of coconut oil in a pan
    Unscrew three vape carts (the ones about an inch and a half clear section, the longest ones I have seen)
    Drop them in the oil with some lecithin extract
    Stir until the carts are flushed of the cannabis oil
    Pour through a strainer into a large mason jar and toss the cart shells
    Seal and boil the jar for about 4~5 hours in a pot of water

The result is a golden colored coconut oil and about 10ml per edible seems to be the right amount. What I don't know as I said above if this is a highly efficient process or if I am getting half the potency that I could be going a different route. With the amount of vapes I can easily get any inefficiency is kind of a who cares thing but if I could improve the process I would want to. Any thoughts?