my leaf smoke report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by jayjay5396, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Who smokes leaves? Just about every hippie in the 60s and 70s smoked leaves! :smoke:

Dudes, cannabis used to be leaves, buds, sticks and seeds in that order! :eek: Seedless buds were all but unheard of! Seeds were planted and we smoked the rest! :smoke:

These may be interesting to you guys-

Interrelationships of glandular trichomes and cannabinoid content II.
    Developing vegetative leaves of Cannabis sativa L. (Cannabaceae) (full - 1981)
    bcgrowers title

Cannabinoid level in the leaves as a tool for the early discrimination of cannabis chemiovariants (abst - 1984)
    ScienceDirect - Forensic Science International : Cannabinoid level in the leaves as a tool for the early discrimination of cannabis chemiovariants

Effect of nitrogen on tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content in hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) leaves at different positions (full - 1997)
    Effect of nitrogen on tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content

Granny :wave:

2. I stand corrected... Apologies to all! :)

3. Great thread!
    Thanks for reminding me of yesteryear
    HV

4. well guys, im about to try it for the first time....subbed...will let you know in a couple hours! if it works im going to kick my own ass for throwing all those leaves away before!

5. ok i cut mine up like i cut herbs, bunch them together and use sharp scissors to cut in little pieces, wrapped in paper then put it in the oven for about 20 minutes at about 80cel....smokin now....

6. my wife says the house smells like pot....and im out...thats why im using the leaves....not stoned yet...but will let you know...

7. #29 sycolv, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    IMO I like to use my leaves in my blunts with my bud to fatten them up a bit, kind of helps stretch out the stash. Amebic dried right they burn nice with the broken up bud

.:edit:. Kind of like the filler in cigs,

8. ok so yea im high....the smoke was a little harsh, no more than not properly cured buds. but im high. it took a lot more than it would have been if it were buds, but i figured that...

will be doing this everytime i trim now :)

thanks!!

9. It says that a thai stick is just cured buds tied to a bamboo sliver, so i would find a tree (thats non-toxic, such as maple, sassafras etc.) and cut off a longish twigg (about half as thick as a pencil, maybe thinner and a little longer than you want your cannabis cigar), then use a hempwick to tie some cured buds to it. (i would imagine you should try to take out as many stems from the bud as possible).

10. Use kabob sticks.

Perfect size and they are in fact bamboo slivers.

11. and i have a drawer full of them!

now all i need to do is make some BHO and i will make a super blunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. ok, so i took a gbong hit last night....it tasted horrible! but damn was i wrecked LOL

i will stick to my little bowl from now on, its less harsh.

but will be smoking the trim leaves, at least when i dont have enough to make hash :)

13. Ha! I thought about doing this when I first clipped a few leaves, but never had tried it before now. Nice added perk to growing!

14. make sure you dry them really well first

15. Might be super old thread found through google:

This definately works! Just microwaved a fan leaf that I had timmed for 20secs, the stem is spark right at the end which was strange, ground of the nice dry leafs, and after one bowl im nicely buzzed. 4 leafes gave me enough for 3-4 bowls in my smaller pipe.

16. This works !!! i just microwave like you mentioned some leaves...and smoked em in a pipe .... i have no where to get bud just waiting for my stuff to finish...i m only on day 2 of 12/12 NOT THROWING THE LEAVES AGAIN!

17. this is ridiculous  :wave:

18. This made me feel like a fool, never even really thought of it. I remember a couple years back I was in a growers basement a few weeks after harvest and they brought out some leafy looking stuff, everyone was pretty gone already so some said it just looked "exotic" knowing full well they didnt really want to smoke leaves. Nonetheless it added to the high but I couldnt tell that much since it was late after an all day session.