My grow journal and info

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by A_Swayze, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Hey everyone! I thought I would make a little journal to go along with the small garden I've got going.

Cultivar: Blue Dream x White Widow (Best guess. Seeds came from dealers bud in 2015 while thru-hiking the AT)
    Setup:
    Tent- Old Secret Jardin DR90 3x3
    Light - 15x Bridgelux Thrive CRI 98 3000k strips with additional Deep Red and Hyper Violet 20mm stars
    Soil - 34"x34"x18" Bed (I'll be setting up Blumats the next round. The net is a little low this round and it makes it a pain to water with anything but the chapin 1949. I've only watered to runoff twice.

I also have a 2x4 tent set up and running. It has three small Reba plants in it.(The Bank Genetics -
    (Fall ’97 [Purple Urkle x OG Kush] x Durban Poison [African Landrace Genetics]))
    They're pretty small and stunted due to me putting them in hot soil. I'm not expecting much out of them this round. I have two more seeds so I'll try out these again in a couple of months.

I have 5x Cherry Pie seeds (Dank Seeds - Grandaddy Purple x Durban Poison) in soil now to go into the 3x3 once those are chopped. Two popped yesterday.

I'm a big fan of Durban Poison and have a couple more crosses from Dank Seeds Im excited to try out (Gelato x OG and a Durban Poison x Skunk).

The plants are starting to turn purple due to temps. My area of Colorado has been seeing negative temps the last few days and our housing code states I need to have a 6" open pipe leading to the outside from the basement (where the tents are) so the furnace can vent and won't murder us in the night with Carbon Monoxide. I'll be insulating the pipe but I don't know how much it will actually help as it will still be an open pipe. I'm not sure what the temps are getting down to at night in the tents. I have some wireless temp and humidity gauges coming tomorrow so I'll be able to track and keep records. Another option I'll need to look into is a fan controller.

Anyways, here are some pictures from today 2-14-2021

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The new bluetooth thermometers came today and they are awesome. These are the ones I'm using.
    https:// smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LKS4BHB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I made some modifications to the tents ventilation today. The tents are connected with 6inch ducting and the air is pulled through the 2x4 and then heads to the 3x3 where the fan/filter cleans and exhausts it. The 2x4 was vegging for a few weeks and I had used more ducting than I needed so I could loop it to stop any light from entering the 3x3. Now that they are both flowering I got rid of a bunch of excess. Originally I had the tents connected with two segments of ducting, one from the side and one from the top. I removed the top ducting and added a S&P 100 fan I had lying around to help move the warmer air from the 2x4 into the 3x3. So now the tents are connected with the single 6in ducting going from side to side, probably 2 feet of ducting.

The 2x4 was up to 85F today before I changed up the ventilation. The 2x4 is running a 320w 4000k board from Kingbrite and their setup has you mount the driver on the heatsink. The drivers for the 3x3 are outside the tent so it stays a few degrees cooler naturally. I'll hook up both lights to the kill-a-watt tomorrow and see what each one is running at.

I'm not a fan of my current 3x3 light wiring. I have 15x Gen 3 EB strips that I'm powering with three separate Meanwell drivers. Currently each driver is powering 5 strips. The outer five on both sides are powered by two hlg-2100a drivers and the center five are powered by a hlg-1050a driver (I forget if they are 185 or 240 at the moment). Ultimately i would like to get a single CV driver and wire them all up in parallel, probably a 320h-20a unless anyone can recommend another option that would work. I would like to use the 480h but it doesn't look like they make a 20v version.

The tents were watered today so I don't need to open them up tomorrow. I'll be able to check and monitor the temp and humidity in the tents using the App for the thermometers. The plants are turning quite a bit more purple and I'll be interested to see how low the temps drop during the night.

3. The daytime temps are 78-80F in both tents with the addition of the extra fan. I'm pretty happy with that and humidity is hovering around 20-25%.

Last night the tents dropped down to 62F over the course the night. That certainly explains the new colors showing up.

4. I hooked up the kill-a-watt to the 3x3 and increased the wattage to 400w today. Everything is looking and smelling real nice.
    Looking back at past grows this plant usually goes for 9-10 weeks so I'll be chopping in 2-3 weeks.

Im going to get the buds tested this grow and see what they got going for them. I'll post those results once I get them.