My Favorite Monocot

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by (~Dodger~), Nov 11, 2015.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Guess i may as well drop a little uodate for my guys...

Still got that grandbubble #3 alive, round 4 or 5 on her by now. Definite winner. Got a pretty nice sativa from a buddy, ghanie cow. Clones on deck, flowers sitting sitting at week 5. Gonna be dropping my final 3 GDP beans for the next go round. Still need to do a pheno hunt on the Gibs... coming soon. 20180721_001819.jpg 20180721_001828.jpg 20180721_003334.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yo Dodge! Whats up man

Good to see you man. The garden still lookin full like a mofo too! Glad to see it sir.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hey D i see the gang is still here! I need to pay your place a visit and catch up!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Damn dodge that’s a nice packed room you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  5. My thoughts as well! Wall to wall

• Like Like x 2
  6. I gotta start logging in more regular lol. Dodge that is a stacked room.
    Thinned mine out a bit . Pulled some males, 1 confirmed female and the rest are best guess lol. If I wind up with just a couple girls we going to 10 gallons and a longer veg. Basically I got sick of watering those little pots daily haha. Ole trout would have had a fit with these methods ;) After all these years of doing this, I just go with the flow now.
    Cheers boys !! You all here are def family at this point . Brothers from diff mothers !!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Looking good over there man! It's good to see both you fellas still doing yer thing. I was worried that I was a lone grower these days haha!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Holy moly Hap, those things have taken off quick. Seems like when they hit the point of needing water every 2 days, growth goes through the roof.. the hard part is staying ahead of em and keeping that perfect wet dry cycle. Nice work my friend, and fam indeed! Were over the 5 year mark at this place I do believe... much love to my crew here!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Same for you D, ill likely always have a little something going on, if nothing else just to keep my favorite meds alive ;) honestly I hardly smoke anymore, today was the first combustion in at least a month. Ive been vaping oils since before Christmas, maybe smoked the real stuff a dozen times since! Its not the same though, im thinking of switching back.

I can't believe how awesome your new setup is, those lights are killing it over there, and the new double bucket rigs are really making some monsters happen! I know how long you planned and waited to make that all happen, glad its working so well for you man

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks Snacks, you know how much i hate wasting valuable realestate. Overdo it or dont do it at all in my little box ;)
    Hope youve been well, so glad to see all my friends still hanging around the place, this is a legit crew right here. When the unfortunate anonymity of all this one day fades we oughtta legit get this crew together for a party!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks bro! I just dropped an order for a magical butter machine . I'm gonna try to get good at making RSO and infused oils for few folks.

Tbh, I haven't toked up in a long time myself. I took a break in order to give my lungs a break and also to let my body reset. No withdrawals or anything....just alot of boredom

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yup. The bored life is the good life my friend. Out doing a little fishing this evening, hope you're enjoying this fine Saturday D 20180804_174835.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. So im dropping some old school beans I bought years and years ago. Curious to see some pics from others who ran the same gear so I head to the search function. Scroll scroll scroll and look what I find. I find myself where it all began, this is the search that ultimately led me to some of the people I am most happy to call my friends. Were not active like the old days but glad all the same to have gone down this road with y'all. Much love to my crew Screenshot_20181203-204432.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Keep us posted on how the germination goes I’ll be curious to see what the success rate is being old beans

• Like Like x 3
  15. Damn that is some throw back right there !!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rates were about 70%, but critters in my compost ate the ones who didn't make it. Dissected and they all tried to pop. Nothing special, in a tin up in the closet. No freezer storage.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Well, it's been quite some time here, but I'm up to my same ol tricks. Sitting at week 5, the sweet spot where things start getting easy on the eyes. Per usual, I stuff em in there and just let them do their thing. We are potted up in my homemade compost, pure. I make it by taking my fall leaves, chopping them in the lawn mower, and dumping the bags in a pile. I add coffee grounds and kitchen scraps (eggshells included) all year. I also add alfalfa pellets from the farm store, and compost starter, as well as crab meal and chicken manure. In the fall, I sift it thru 1/4" hardware cloth and use it straight. It drains well and holds moisture to boot. After sifting I add kelp and neem with a heavy hand and mix, then let it sit in a tote with the lid off in my basement to let the critters hatch off and migrate out. I am also pouring on general organics bloom with a heavy hand. May not be "pure organic" but it works and idgaf.

I am growing some Afghani cow x3, my own strain "grandbubble" x2, and my own strain "gibberish" aka the gibs. The gibs are the three in small 3 gallon pots. I added them as an afterthought, to sit atop my little table that I just added into the room. I can keep 8-10 gallons of water under that table. I used to have 1 plant in place of that table, and was able to store 4 gallons of water. Now I grow several smaller plants on the table top and keep plenty of water underneath. That's added capacity right there. Now I can manage watering about every 5 days, it used to be every other day that I needed to water.

Unfortunately, that dead clone is my grandbubble, I dropped about 15 seeds, that was the only one I ended up keeping due to Hermie issues. It was a mega dense indica from a super keeper bubblegum. I have more beans but the line is Hermie-prone and a very low percentage wind up being growable. I have had that plant going for about 2 years now, only took one clone and it did not make it through this cycle, died at transplant. Honestly only took one cut for a reason, time to move on. The fates have decided for me.

The cow on the other hand, has produced root on 4/5 clones, so that will be part of my next go round. Mostly sativa. Smells like Reggie. Worth keeping around, it's lanky but puts out and finishes in 9 weeks.

My gibs line is a little more sativa tending, smells like tangerines and black pepper. An interesting mix but there is a low munchie factor and it has not made me paranoid historically. Dropped plenty of these babies and not a single Hermie yet. I'll probably keep dropping them. They've done me well thus far. Downside is it takes about 10-11 weeks to get this one dense and my other stuff has to come down a tad earlier. I always take this one before it's time.

This has gone on long enough for one post, peace and love y'all.

Dodge

IMG_20190317_020608.jpg IMG_20190317_021027.jpg IMG_20190317_021312.jpg IMG_20190317_020630.jpg IMG_20190317_020635.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4