~-=MTP Glass: Birdhouse Oil Dome & Flying Saucer Oil Dome [PIX]=-~

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by dope_roor, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Made by MTP Glass, these are wonderful pieces! they work great, i prefer the birdhouse because it stays cooler to the touch for those who multi dab but function-wise both designs are awesome

Birdhouse Dome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flying Saucer Dome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

great little travel dish as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. love it ! Its amazing all the new oil pieces coming out , unfortunately in my town , people are a bit behind so its hard to find them.

Those are pretty nice , I wonder how they will function in the long term.....

Thanks for sharing ! :wave:

3. yeah I just had mtp make a custom female bird house made for my mini rigs
    love the oil gearz

4. thanks guys! blood_junkee, you're gonna love it! i've had mine for only a day now so we'll see how the long-term durability is going to be like

it took many, many dabs to get those pictures just right :D

5. Well , I thought that Bird House dome was pretty nice, So i Asked a local blower to try one for the first time....

I like it alot, maybe more than my Nail/Dome set-up...

I can see improvements that could be made, like a bit larger and slightly flatter dish part... but it works well, and it looks cool.

I will probably have them make another with the upgrades , they are cheap !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:wave:

6. Hopefully the medical marijuana bill in arkansas will get passed so i can try out some oil :D that's always been something i've wanted to try

7. Make some. Interested to see how long these things will last.

8. I want one of those flying saucers for a travel rig. Seems they get less reclaim than the birdhouses do. On the other hand that's probably more reclaim in your bubbler.

9. Unfortuantely i'm still living with my parents because of the economy.. I'm only 20 though so i still got alot of life ahead of me... HOPEFULLY

10. Im going to use the shit out of this thing, So I will let you know how long it lasts from constant heating....

I really like it the more I use it ....

But I got it as a travel piece .... Dome and Nail is a bitch to take places...

11. Sweet Kenny's :D

12. Saw these on another site and thought they were sweet. Great idea especially if they last as long as everyone is saying they do. I like the idea of cutting out as many parts as possible.

@Russy, It looks like your custom one is getting lots of use! :hello:

13. I scored another custom BH dome....

And I paid for a third one... I think i like the 1st one a bit better , I want the third one to have a flatter dish with a larger pool area...

Heres some side by side pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:cool:

14. #14 gone4good, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
    haha I love trial and error when it comes to toking tools

damn russy, I missed this the second time around
    looks like your local blower did a good job.
    heres mine...female gong...even easier to touch after multi dabs.
    I really got to dab close to the hole or some of the vapor floats away
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZ-eZPAHUA]YouTube - bird house "kenny" dome[/ame]

15. New registrant over here.....been at some other sites (IC, Breedbay, etc.).
    Very curious where one could purchase a birdhouse oil rig. Now that I've seen the pictures, I'm jonesing like a mofo.....and I NEED one desperately.
    Did some searchin on the internet to no avail......anyone that would be kind enough to illuminate where to purchase is a good man/woman in my book.

Thanks in advance!

16. i want a birdhouse dome. ne links?

17. Hit up MTP on GD or BM for a birdhouse or flying saucer

18. #18 TwistedGlass, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
    MTP birdhouse, flying saucers, as well as vortex marbled air bubble martini slides. As well as Mtp headpieces, bubblers and dry pieces. Work by Tom such as nail and globe sets, mini oil stemless burner sets are here too. Alot of work by MTP is represented by a small glass gallery on long island...all grass city users are always hooked up here The work is amazing.

Shown in pic 1 ITZA 11arm horney nano with MTP vortex martini slide.

pic 2 itza pre production Itza nano with MTP slide.
    MTP Very legit.

Stay Twisted.

Attached Files:

19. #19 greasychicken, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
    Really love my birdhouse. I know it sounds lazy, but I like the fact that birdhouses require one less step to use than regular nail-and-dome setups, and I'd argue that the positioning of the paddle is ergonomically less taxing to reach than trying to poke a dabber into a top load dome. When I'm in full-on relaxation mode, anything that requires less body movement is definitely a plus.

20. IMO the birdhouse dome sucks, because it all one piece of glass. a friend of mine thought the same thing as alot of people after dabbing on one another friend owned, 1 less thing to do when dabbing because you dont have to take the dome off.
    the problem is that any heavy use causes the pad you heat to start sagging and eventually break, on a normal set up you would just replace the nail, but this is all one piece so your only option is to throw it away and buy another one.
    my friends first birdhouse dome lasted around 2 months of heavy use, he had just got his first rig and was using it several times a day. first the pad started sagging down, then it just broke. he replaced it with another birdhouse that lasted about as long, then gave up on them and got a Ti nail and dome.

its new and different, but i feel the design of it being all 1 piece of glass is flawed. every other set up like this is seen has a slot for a glass or ti nail, so you can replace it when it breaks or goes bad.